“Beautiful Hotel”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I recently stayed here for a business trip and loved the 1920s art deco look of the hotel. My suite was spacious and very clean. I stayed in a PURE hypo-allergenic room because my allergies were really bad during my visit. I was able to sleep without being stuffed up and sneezy. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here with my wife and baby daughter for my sister's wedding. The building was originally an art deco office building, and some years ago they converted it into an art deco hotel. Its actually right next door to the Pfister, which is the old classic hotel in Milwaukee. The place is a little expensive (especially for parking), but the rooms are big, uniquely designed/decorated and clean. The front desk was actually a little shaky with our wedding block reservations, and after we returned home there were a couple of attempted additional charges from the hotel that were obviously wrong, but all in all, we had a really nice time. The location of the hotel is great, right in East Town, which is the area of the city east of the river, and centrally located.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My partner and myself have just returned from a stay at the Metro Hotel in Milwaukee. When we arrived we were greeted by Chris the newly appointed Hotel Manager, who immediately upgraded us to a King Suite and throughout our stay could not do enough fro us . The Hotel is listed on the Historic Hotels of America. It was opened in 1937 and has been refurbished in line with its original streamlined art deco design. Our suite was an unusual corner suite looking out on the corner of Mason Street. It had a Jacuzzi bath and a fully stocked mini bar with everything you might want. All of the staff were so friendly and helpful, advising us what to see in Milwaukee, which is a beautiful city. If I ever have the pleasure to visit Milwaukee again , I will be staying at the Metro. Thanks again to Chris , the Manager who was very courteous and attentive.

Room Tip: Ask for Chris.
1  Thank Tricia R
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The rooms are rather large, and if you like art deco you will think it is pretty cool. I found my room to be run down and a bit beat up. I am particularly sensitive to smell, but sensitivity is not needed here as you can smell the cleaning agents as they smack you in the face... this always makes me curious about the chemicals I am touching and what they are covering up?

All the said the staff was very friendly and helpful, which sometimes is harder to find than you would think. Kudos to the staff!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hotel Metro is in a re-purposed older building in MKE. This is how a "Vintage" property should be brought up to today's standards. (Are you listening National Hotel, South Beach?) Rooms are VERY spacious with large well equipped bathrooms (complete with towel warmers for those MKE winter mornings) Friendly employees, excellent service, reasonable rates, neat and clean premises ~ this is simply an excellent place to stay. Workout room on top floor with a nice urban view. Convieniently located in downtown with plenty of dining options within easy walking distance.

Insider tip: $2 good draft beers in the bar from 3-6pm daily (it's MKE!) Also, later in the evening grab a nightcap and head up the the spa/workout room floor. There is a great deck off the spa with city views.

Room Tip: I'd pick 504 :)
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I was also visiting MKE for the triathlon national championship, along with 10 of my teammates. The previous reviewer listed a lot of the same things we loved about it: proximity to Lake Michigan/Discovery World, restaurants, running paths, clean & spacious rooms, and it can not be overstated how amazingly accomodating and friendly the entire staff at the hotel was. I am so impressed by the high level of service and I will absolutely be staying here again next year! :) Also, the cruiser bikes that the hotel had available were so much fun!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed 2 nights a week ago (Aug 9 & 10, 2013) at this hotel, for a triathlon at Lake Michigan. EVERYTHING about my stay here was fabulous. First -- excellent service. Friendly people, very helpful, and made me feel very welcome. Second -- the hotel design & decor: FUNKY & COOL! Love the colors, the feel, the cleanliness and the high funky factor. Reminded me of my beloved Portland Oregon boutique hotels :) Third -- awesome food! I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and loved it. Terrific service at the restaurant, and healthy, tasty food. Fourth -- location. We were half mile from Lake Michigan, the Art Museum and Discovery World. If you're a swimmer, runner or cyclist, you are 1/2 mile from some great workout locations! But the hotel has a GREAT little workout facility if you'd rather be indoors :) We're also a few blocks from the River Walk, which was beautiful at sunset. Lots of little restaurants and lovely views. Only one note of caution about this hotel: if you have a room facing Mason Street, there's a bar a block away where motorcyclists without mufflers love to party, 'til 2am. So if you're wanting to get a quiet night's sleep, try to stay away from the rooms on that side of the hotel. Despite the noise, I would not have moved to a different hotel. I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo