“Great boutique hotel in the Third Ward area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
“Great boutique hotel in the Third Ward area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was one of the best boutique hotels I have frequented. Rooms were amazing! Clean, roomy and designed uniquely. The noise level was very quiet. The service at the hotel was wonderful. Anything needed, they assisted immediately. Hotel is conveniently located to the Third Ward area. This is a must stay for all kinds of travelers. Only downside was parking was a bit of a hassle.

Room Tip: All rooms are good throughout hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
April T, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear Andrea K,

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay!

We hope to see you on your next visit!

At your service,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Location was great and convenient to get to restaurants and business meetings. NWM had a convention in town and this was the only hotel available in the area.

Valet was convenient but the overnight valet charge of $26 is absurd. Staff was nice.

The room itself was large and well appointed. Bed was comfortable. However, the first night I checked into the hotel, the lobby and my room smelled like strong cleaning supplies had been used. Reeked of chemicals and almost made me sick.

Workout room is impossible to find, and the signage in the "Zen" floor is difficult to navigate.

While I was happy there were restaurants up and down the street, I could hear the music playing from my room until 2 am.

The cleaning staff didn't clean my room one day. They flipped my "Service Needed" to the other side of the slip which was "Do Not Disturb", this was beyond irritating after a long day of work and not getting back to the hotel until late, only to find that the room was not cleaned. I was to tired to complain about this, but definitely was the breaking point for me not wanting to stay in this hotel again....I would only stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jeffshoy
April T, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear jeffshoy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that your stay was not everything that you had hoped. I have reviewed your comments with the leadership team so this can be corrected for future guests. I was happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and I thank you for staying with us!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was booked here for a conference at the Pfiser Hotel. Among the things I like about the hotel is the staff; they always greeted me with a smile and was engaging to talk to. the valet always called me by my name, which impressed me that he could recall it when they were so busy. The room is large and I liked the division between living space and sleeping area. The bathroom is large and I had a whirlpool as well as a walk in shower; the water was hot whenever I used it, and items like tv;s, etc worked just fine.

The negative is that my window faced the parking garage; now, I'm not big on window views, however, the lights from the cars came in at all hours of the night; I was not able to close the curtains, so felt like people could look in and see me. typically a room on the fourth floor this would not be an issue, but the garage is also about six floors high. At 4:30 am I could hear a beeping sound of something backing up the first day, which woke me up and on the second day, it sounded like a trash or dump truck was in the alley for hours, once again waking me up at 5:30 am. I even played white noise on my computer to drown it out, but this was ineffective. i could also hear the street noise and cars roaring down the road when in the room. And, due to the garage being just outside the window, it made the day look nasty and grey, instead of the sunny day that was going on. While I understand this is a downtown motel and parking needs done this way, I feel that the $189.00/night is high for the noise. I've had better nights in "lesser" hotels. I doubt that I stay here again, but if I do I will ask for a different room setting.

Room Tip: ask for something that does NOT face the parking garage. Also, be aware that the doors need to be s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kgeorge16
Dear Kgeorge16,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback good or bad certainly helps us to improve. I am sorry to hear that you had mixed feelings about your stay. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with our valet staff and that you enjoyed your guestroom bathroom. I am sorry that you did not have a enjoyable view and your room faced the alley.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Milton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed the Hotel Metro. The hotel was clean, comfortable and centrally located to the River walk and Third Ward. We stayed in a Fireplace suite and enjoyed the set up of the room. Upon check-in, we relaxed on the roof top deck with a beverage the downstairs lounge. The hotel has a fun British taxi that will take you to local establishments upon request. One of the highlights of the hotel. Besides our cocktail, we didn't dine at the restaurant. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 504, the fireplace was nice. Very sunny.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley H
Dear Lesley H,

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to our area! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our amazing roof top space, Zen on 7!

We hope to see you again!

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Metro is in a great spot in Milwaukee, and is something of a boutique, apparently. However, it is not worth a stay. The air conditioning in my room would not reduce the temperature below 76, even after a visit from hotel maintenance which pronounced the problem fixed. The blackout window curtain was off the rod. The rooms are very poorly lighted (I hate dark rooms). The front desk staff is poor. And the floor of the shower is so slick I can't understand why someone hasn't been injured. All in all, a very poor hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear peter s,

Thank you for staying with us for your visit to Milwaukee! I am very sorry to hear about the service failures that you experienced during your stay. I have review this information with the appropriate associates so we can provide exceptional service in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay further you are welcome to contact me at the hotel and we can discuss offline.

Thank you again for taking the time to share feedback as it certainly helps us improve.

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. After a lot of research we decided on this hotel. While the location was great, the room and building were very out dated. By looking at the pictures it looks "50 ' modern". But when we arrived. ... It was just very 50's. Not really romantic. The tub in our room was pretty gross and we told them at check in we were there for our anniversary and the only other people on our floor were girls in a bachelorette party that was up all night, slamming doors going room to room. .. which normally wouldn't be that big of deal but the walls are super thin. When we checked out they asked how our stay was. .. We said OK. ... but we didn't sleep. .. and that's all we were there to do.... but they just said sorry. I would never return here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon K
Dear Shannon K,

Thank you so much taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. You are welcome to contact me at the hotel so we can discuss further offline.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Although beautiful and centrally located, the service didn't seem worthy of the price. I may be confusing myself now with being in Asia... as $160 dollars a night doesn't deem worthy of the front desk being a bit lazy, lax and snippy. It was nice, good food for breakfast and a great little hotel bar, but not gush worthy.

Room Tip: Pick a higher level room if possible. Use the roof top terrace, nice and romantic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Am_in_hk,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not everything that you hoped. I have reviewed this information with our leadership team so we can offer the best possible service in the future.

Thank you for staying with us for your visit to Milwaukee!