“Nice stay in Milwaukee”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel for staying in Milwaukee. Lots of restaurants and activities nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012
moylan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton. We appreciate the time that you took to express how your stay with us was. We strive to make every stay a perfect stay and sounds like we are working in the right direction. Please come and visit us soon. Sincerely, Kathryn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I never review a hotel that I'm currently staying in unless I am not happy. Except for now. I travel a lot for work so I am familiar with three and four star hotels. This Doubletree is not the fanciest hotel at its price level, but what it does, it does right. Here is the good stuff:

1. Spic & Span clean!
2. Staff are all super friendly & helpful
3. That free Doubletree cookie - and I don't even like sweets!
4. Customer service - I had trouble with the temperature in my room (I like a cold room for sleeping).
The friendly maintenance man opened my window (they open - who knew?!) and brought me a fan
since the heating/AC system was in neutral mode (kind of cool in Milwaukee right now). Then I got a
coupon for another free cookie for my trouble. Yeah baby.
5. Two free bottles of water, a bag of snacks & a granola bar left by housekeeping every day (this
might be a Hilton HHonors perk, but heck people it's free to join!)
6. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries - Way nice at this price point
7. There are two free to use washer/dryers (nice ones) in the fitness room. That is a first for me that
will save me $30 -$40 in dry cleaning charges over the course of the week.
8. Free high speed internet access - It burns my toast to pay up to $15/day for internet access.
9. Nice clean big mini-fridge & microwave in the room. Why is it that high dollar hotels don't offer
rooms with this amenity???
10. Lots of TV channels and they don;t try to sell you in-room movies at $15 a pop

If anything goes drastically wrong before I leave I'll let you know, but in the meantime if you're coming to Milwaukee I don't think you can go wrong with the Doubletree at City Center.

P.S. Visit Boston Store two blocks away - One of the last vestiges of the traditional department store.
There is a nice indoor mall adjacent.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor. I'm on the top floor but no corner room. I hear the corne...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank traveldent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton. You did not miss a thing and the details about the location and the city are amazing. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. Please come back and visit us again. Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Spent the night here to attend a friend's party located downtown. The hotel was a great location to that so the cab ride was minimal. The room price was great and the staff very helpful. The attatched parking garage with valet parking was very convenient. The rooms / beds were very compfortable, could have slept all day! Thank you for the great stay. Never had a chance to check out the other amenities though, next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank johnsj01
moylan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. Please come back and visit us when you have more time to get the feel of the whole hotel. We have a wonderful sundeck that will be open and in full swing as soon as the Wisconsin weather cooperates. Visit soon. Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent the past weekend in Milwaukee. A nice get away from Chicago,
Had a great time at the free Miller Brewery tour which includes 3 full glasses of beer. They also have a gift shop that is not as outrageously priced as most.

Had lunch at Mader's a landmark German restaurant. The appetizer plate was too much for two people to finish. They also have a giant pretzel served with mustard that can feed 2-3 people!

Had dinner Saturday night at the Five O'clock Club on State Street. If you haven't been to this restaurant you should really make it a priority. Best steaks ever and they have that Wisconsin Supper Club feel.
On the way out of town we completed the weekend with a stop at the Milwaukee Public Market, lots to see here and be sure you are hungry since there are a lot of things to eat and drink as well as buy.

Lots to do in Milwaukee, we try to go for the weekend at least once a year!

Room Tip: We always try to get higher floors. They seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryW53
moylan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for choosing to make the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown part of your weekend getaway! I would appear that you got to take part in a few of the many great activities that Milwaukee has to offer. I am glad that we got to be a part of your adventures! Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was actually staying at another hotel whose restaurant was closed. So I went to Doubletree to eat. At their restaurant I was met by Chris Curray. What a great host and waiter. His friendliness made a difficult stay in the city refreshing. The food was excellent as well. Chris is a credit to the hotel and I will be eating there again soon.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at our Avenue Bar and Grill. Chris Curry is a wonderful part of our staff and it is great that he was able to make your stay in Milwaukee a better one. Please come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Spent 2 nights in a clean quiet spacious-enough pleasant environment. Nice amenities. Friendly courteous helpful staff. Very comfortable beds. Reasonably priced. Very nice restaurant on premises with good breakfasts. Would be delighted to stay again.
Great cookies.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 344joycem
Reviewed 7 April 2012

DoubleTree in Milwaukee is an amazing place to stay. I have stayed there several times always a great experince. Very clean the sheets are amazing and the hotel it's self is treats it's guest like everyone is very special. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is staying inMilwaukee. I have stayed with my sister and her husband and now they are hooked.
We always save our awesome cooke for the next morning with our cofee so awesome. Well sometimes I have ate my cookie before that. The cookies are so great!!!. We joke about who's going to eat their cookie first.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty M

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We appreciate the feed back and knowing that each stay is exactly what you need and you have recommended us to others! We do consider the cookies to be for the breakfast of Champions. Come back and visit us soon. Sincerely, Kathryn