“Location, service, and a smile!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here recently and was overwhelmed by the attentive staff, super clean lobby, rooms, and lounge! Room was extremely comfortable and I slept like a champ!
Being welcomed with a warm smile and a warm cookie is very comforting after a day of travel!

I was particularly impressed with the valet team. I had forgotten something in my car right after I had walked away, so I ran back and the car was already parked. I asked if I could just run up to the car, so the team didn't have to retrieve the car. To my pleasant surprise, a young man from the valet said he would run to the car and retrieve the item for me if that was ok. Of course I said yes! He promptly returned with my item and a smile on his face. I appreciate that he did not want me to be inconvenienced in any way!

All the hotel employees have smiles on their faces and are very eager to assist however they can.

The hotel is decorated very lovely, and the restaurant/bar is very welcoming and fun.

I have been with Hilton Honors for over 20 years and the DoubleTree is my favorite brand in the Hilton family! I would confidently say this DoubleTree is the only place to stay while in Milwaukee!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a wonderful view of the city!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate your continued loyalty to the Hilton brand, and we honored that the DoubleTree by Hilton is your favorite! We couldn’t be happier to hear your feedback on the DoubleTree by Hilton being “the only place to stay while in Milwaukee”. In addition, we are very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience with our Valet team, and that all our employees were friendly and eager to assist at all times throughout your stay. We are also glad you enjoyed the lovely décor in our lobby, our fun and welcoming on-site restaurant our Avenue Bar and Grill and the wonderful views of the city that our rooms offer! Thank you again for taking the time to share your great feedback with other travelers, and we hope to see you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown

Reviewed 6 November 2013

All staff was pleasant and accomodating making my stay wonderful. My vehicle was taken care of and when I needed something from it the items were retreived. the location was perfect right in the heart of Milwaukee and just accross the street from where my conference was being held. even though there was instructions on how to conserve on the towels mine were changed out anyway. Having a bottle of water reserved for me without charge and a comp granola bar was a very nice touch. The desk clerk assisted me in getting my computer onto the internet for access to my email. all in all it was a great stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for the glowing review! Most importantly, thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. It’s great to hear that our Front Desk Agent was helpful in assisting you with our complimentary high speed internet, and that you were pleased with our efficient Valet service. Our goal is to offer you above and beyond service, and we are thrilled that our team helped to make your stay with us wonderful! In addition, we are glad you enjoyed our excellent downtown location right in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, and our complimentary snacks upon arrival. Thank you again for the great review, and we hope to see you back again on future visits!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our stay at the Double Tree Hilton in downtown Milwaukee was very enjoyable. The staff were welcoming and helpful in providing information of the area. Our room was cozy and comfortable. We were celebrating our 28th Wedding anniversary and had been provided a complimentary bottle of champagne! Would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Happy Anniversary. Thank you so much for choosing to spend it with us and writing about your experience with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is wonderful to hear that the staff acknowledged your anniversary and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here recently over night for a quick trip to see a theater show at the Marcus. Very nice hotel, very clean throughout, professional staff and quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have slept in while on the road. All of the amenities one could ask for and close to a lot of local attractions. We walked to dinner at Capital Grille, then on to the Marcus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our sweet dreams bed one of the amenities that Doubletree is known for along with the cookie of course. We do hope to see you in the future for another outing.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my first trip to WI and it was for my Brother's wedding. I was very impressed at the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the entire Hotel. I have been in quite a few Hotels but I must say, this was the first one that I can truly say that all of the Staff was always smiling and saying hello and asking if all was well, it makes for a wonderful stay. The location is very good and most things to do are within walking distance or a very short drive away. The restaurant, The Avenue, within the Hotel was wonderful (ate dinener there and the Macaroni n' Cheese with BBQ Pork was amazinggggg), there was not one complaint from the table of 5. I would stay there again no problem and without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

There is nothing better to hear than when your first trip to Wisconsin goes well and we are so glad that we got to be a part of your trip. I am happy to hear that we were able to meet all of y our needs and that you were able to take part in the amenities that the hotel has to offer. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stay at the Double Tree whenever we go to Milwaukee. It is a very clean hotel the beds are amazing!! There are plenty of pillows on the beds that are excellent. We have ordered food from the restaurant and eaten in the room They give you plenty of condiments and napkins and the food was hot when we picked it up and taste really good. We have eaten in the restaurant and watched football it was a good time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It makes our day to hear that you stay with us whenever you travel to the Milwaukee area, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our comfortable Sweet Dreams beds and bedding, and the delicious food in our convenient on-site restaurant The Avenue Bar & Grill. Thank you again for writing us such a fantastic review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great central location to convention center and Hilton hotel. Comfortable beds, fast room service, friendly staff. Breakfast buffet adequate. I would stay here again if in area, no significant concerns.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

We are happy to hear that the location the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee downtown met your needs and that our acommodations met all your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we do hope to see you again in the future.