“Business Stay”

Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
United States
“Business Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times. I am always greeted promptly and checked in within minutes. The warm cookies don't hurt either. The fitness area has decent equipment, but is quite small and fills up quickly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveleing on business, and for the great review.We are pleased you enjoyed the exceptional service provided by our award-winning team, our delicious Signature DoubleTree cookies, and the equipment offered in our 24 hour on-site fitness center. We hope to see you back again soon, and we look forward to welcoming you back with our warm chocolate chip cookies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

All meals were excellent. contined to exceed my expectations. Easy access to uptown. Ate lunch, dinner, breakfast and lunch while attending conference. Plenty of variety and good food. 24 hour exercise room was appreciated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Celia! Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for sharing your great experience with other travelers! We agree that our on-site restaurant The Avenue Bar & Grill offers some delicious entrées, and we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations with every meal throughout your stay. In addition, we are pleased you enjoyed our convenient downtown location, and our 24 hour fitness room with complimentary washers and dryers. We truly appreciate your business, and we hope to host you again on future visits to the Milwaukee area.
Detroit, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

One of the best stays I've had at a Doubletree. Courteous staff. I appreciated it when the desk called up to ask if I if I needed anything. The location was perfect, just across the street from the conference location. I also liked the restaurant on site, was pleasantly surprised by the healthy offerings on the menu and the broad selection of spirits at the bar.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow! Thank you so much for the glowing review on your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the wonderful service provided by our award-winning team, and our excellent downtown location (within walking distance to the conference center). In addition, we are glad you were pleased with our healthy and delicious entrée options, and large selection of spirits in our convenient on-site restaurant The Avenue Bar & Grill. Thank you again for sharing your experience with other travelers, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for business travels weekly for the past 4 months. It's during this time I've gotten to know many of the employees and the attentiveness and happiness they show makes being away from home a little more enjoyable. The front desk team always says hi, management is always visible, and the valet staff is incredibly flexible and easy to work with. It has so many restaurants w/in a mile walk and others a 5 minute drive, but yet the in-room dining service has been very good when I've used it. They take incredibly good care of their Hilton Honors clients and would encourage anyone coming to Milwaukee to stay at the DoubleTree.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business, and for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. Our goal is to provide you with a “home away from home” experience with our freshly baked DoubleTree cookies upon arrival, comfortable Sweet Dreams bedding and our award-winning service provided by our friendly and welcoming team; we couldn’t be happier to hear that we have been successful in creating a pleasant place for you stay while traveling on business. In addition, we are glad you enjoyed our attentive and friendly front desk attendants, the flexibility and ease of our Valet parking, our convenient in-room dining option, and perfect location in the heart of Downtown Milwaukee. Thank you again for the fantastic review, and we look forward to hosting you on future visits.
Glendale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The DoubleTree in downtown Milwaukee is very conveniently located adjacent to the Wisconsin Center and is within easy walking distance of other downtown venues like the Milwaukee Public Market and the train station. Service is excellent. Front desk personnel are always friendly and very accommodating of personal requests. They also kindly provided me with extra cookies, since I'm addicted to their recipe for walnut chocolate chip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the great review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location (within walking distance to many local attractions), excellent service provided by our award-winning team and our freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Thank you again for the wonderful review! We hope to host your again on future visits!
Superior, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice in the past year for at least four nights each time. The primary attraction for me is the location which is convenient to the place where I normally do business while in town. But even if it wasn't close to where I need to be I might stay here anyway because the service is so good.

From the moment you walk into the hotel until the moment you get in your car and drive away you feel completely taken care of. Front desk, housekeeping, valet parking attendants, servers in the restaurant -- they all work very hard to make sure everyone is taken care of.

The rooms are very nice and I think they're doing some remodeling to update the bathroom fixtures, some of which obviously were there when this place was a Holiday Inn.

The beds are very comfortable, the wifi is reasonably robust, there is a refrigerator in every room (at least every room I've stayed in), on site laundry facilities, and a better than average restaurant.

This place has become my first choice for business trips to Milwaukee. I always used to stay at the Ambassador, which I love, but this is closer to where I need to be and has all the amenities I want. If they had a swimming pool I'd give them five out of five -- my wife likes hotels with pools.

I have no trouble recommending this place for the business traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello John! Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee while traveling on business, and for the fantastic review! We truly appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location; however, we couldn’t be happier that you would stay with us regardless of location because the service is so good! We are honored that our hotel has become your first choice for business trips to Milwaukee. Our main goal is to make our guest’s stay as comfortable and wonderful as possible, to provide a “home away from home” experience, and we are so happy to hear that your felt taken care of from the moment you walked through the door. We are glad that you enjoyed our award-winning customer service from our wonderful team, our comfortable Sweet Dreams beds, and complimentary amenities including our on-site laundry facility in our fitness room, high speed internet and Refrigerator and Microwave in every guest room. Thank you again for your wonderful review. We greatly appreciate the time you spent sharing your experience with other travelers, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Spring Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here recently and was overwhelmed by the attentive staff, super clean lobby, rooms, and lounge! Room was extremely comfortable and I slept like a champ!
Being welcomed with a warm smile and a warm cookie is very comforting after a day of travel!

I was particularly impressed with the valet team. I had forgotten something in my car right after I had walked away, so I ran back and the car was already parked. I asked if I could just run up to the car, so the team didn't have to retrieve the car. To my pleasant surprise, a young man from the valet said he would run to the car and retrieve the item for me if that was ok. Of course I said yes! He promptly returned with my item and a smile on his face. I appreciate that he did not want me to be inconvenienced in any way!

All the hotel employees have smiles on their faces and are very eager to assist however they can.

The hotel is decorated very lovely, and the restaurant/bar is very welcoming and fun.

I have been with Hilton Honors for over 20 years and the DoubleTree is my favorite brand in the Hilton family! I would confidently say this DoubleTree is the only place to stay while in Milwaukee!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a wonderful view of the city!