“Great Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were here for a dance competition. The entire lobby area was under construction which made it pretty spartan, but the service, especially the front desk and valet area were exceptional. Restaurant is a little over-priced, but it was great to have the fridge and microwave in our room. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hello Jennifer! Thank for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while in town for the dance competition, and for the wonderful review! We are glad to hear that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the exceptional service provided by our team. In addition, we are happy you were pleased with the convenience of having a refrigerator and microwave in your room. We are thrilled to hear that you will definitely stay at our hotel on future visits! Thank you again for sharing your experience with other travelers. We look forward to your next stay with us, and we hope you’ll enjoy our newly renovated lobby!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wonderful staff! Outstanding breakfast! Clean and reasonably priced. I have frequented this hotel and it is always exceptional. The breakfast always has fresh cut fruit, different styles of eggs and other hot options. If they just had Krispy Kremes it would be perfect. They do have other doughnuts and bakery.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Ronald! Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the fantastic review. As such a frequent patron to our hotel, we truly appreciate and value your loyalty, and we are very pleased to know that each stay has been exceptional! We are glad you enjoyed the wonderful service provided by our award-winning team, our pristine hotel (for which we won the Housekeeping Award of Excellence for 2013), our perfect location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, and our delicious and extensive breakfast buffet in our convenient on-site restaurant, our Avenue Bar & Grill. Thank you again for sharing your great feedback with other travelers, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

You will feel right at home from the time you get there and experience the service, hospitality, value, and the incredible cookie. Your smile will still be there when you wake in the morning after a night a comfortable rest. Shuttle drivers are incredible assets when it comes to local attractions. I stay here every time I'm lucky enough to do business in Milwaukee. The best, hands down!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Evan! Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while on business, and for the excellent five-star review! We are honored that we are your hotel of choice every time you stay in Milwaukee, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty. We are glad you enjoyed your experience, our first class service, hospitality, value and of course the cherry on top—our heavenly chocolate chip walnut cookies upon arrival. We thank you for your kind words on our Shuttle Drivers; we agree that they are incredible assets to our team, and are very knowledgeable of local attractions. We will be sure to share you excellent feedback with our team. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My stay with the DoubleTree Milwaukee Downtown was perfect. It was prime location to the Milwaukee Public Museum and very close to where I went to dinner with friends. The rate was the best I could find downtown, which made it even better. The hotel was very clean. Staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. Whenever I had a question, I just called and they were able to answer it easily. I joined the Hilton Honors program (as it's free), and the membership card, along with some free amenities for joining, were sent to my room. Very easy.

Bed was comfortable, shower was great. I liked the bath products they had in the bathroom. They even had hot tea in the room that I utilized. It was nice to have the channels for the television stations handy, as well. I was able to get a late checkout and also able to grab a late breakfast from the restaurant attached to the hotel. The food was great and the staff there were very accomodating and courteous. When I asked if I could sub a piece of fruit for the bread, as I am gluten free, they were more than happy to do so!

There was plenty of space in the room for me. Easy to check out. Quick to get my car. Valet service was very friendly when I arrived and just as courteous when I left. Offerred to help me with my luggage when I arrived and offerred to give me directions when I was leaving. I would definitely stay here again! Thank you DoubleTree Milwaukee for a great experience!!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, family, colleagues, and clients. As I work in the travel industry, it's nice to find hotels like this one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review, and for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We couldn’t be happier to hear that your stay was “Perfect”. We are pleased you enjoyed our excellent location (right next to the Public Museum), our competitive rates, pristine hotel and the outstanding service! We aim at providing all of our guests with a “home away from home” experience, and we are glad you enjoyed our very comfortable Sweet Dreams® beds, as well as our excellent in-room amenities including tea and coffee, refrigerator and microwave in the room, and our refreshing Crabtree & Evelyn bath products. In addition, we are glad you had a great experience in our convenient on-site restaurant with our delicious breakfast menu, and our attentive and accommodating restaurant staff. We are happy to hear your departure experience went smoothly as well, and that our valet team was quick, and helpful with your luggage and directions! We’ll be sure to share your great feedback with the rest of our team. Thank you for again for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we look forward to having you back on future visits!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great place even with some lobby renovations happening while I was there. Great room! Fantastic staff!!! My car had a flat tire sitting overnight and the maintenance staff brought out a compressor and made sure my tire was full before I left, awesome!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Bruce! Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed our nice guest rooms, and our “Fantastic Staff”! We are sorry to hear that your car had a flat tire; we are so glad our Maintenance team was able to help out! We will be sure to share your great feedback with the rest of our team. We hope that you return to our hotel on future visits so you can experience our newly renovated lobby! Thank you for sharing your awesome experience with other travelers!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff were very pleasent and friendly. They were probably the best part of the stay. Someone seriously needs to learn how to layout a hotel room better though. The micro/fridge stand is right in front of the window and for the price the rooms are quite small. Careful taking a shower....the pressure was so strong I felt like the skin was peeling off my back, even after adjusting the shower head. Most hotels provide you a bottle or 2 of water in your room....this hotel does not do that. You get everything to make your coffee, but no water. (i understand I could have used the water from the bathroom faucet, but yeah....no thanks.) The in-room dining was fast... The beds were pretty comfty... The view was a garbage bin & a parking garage... The staff was one of the nicest I've expeirenced... You get a warm cookie when you check in...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

On behalf of the management and staff, we’d like to thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We couldn’t be happier to hear that the staff at our hotel was one of the “the nicest” you’ve experienced! We are very pleased to hear your enjoyed the “ pleasant and friendly” service, our fast in-room dining service, luxurious Sweet Dreams® beds , and the cherry on top—our delicious warm chocolate chip cooks upon arrival. We strive to provide you with 100% satisfaction, and we were disappointed that other aspects of your stay did not meet expectations. Please be assured that your valuable comments will be shared with our team so we are able to learn from our shortcomings in order to keep improving upon our offerings. Thank you again for your review. We hope you will consider staying with us next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the doubletree in mid march while me and my daughter were on a college visit to Marquette University. The hotel itself was fairly nice, but it is the staff that truly make this hotel unique. The front desk staff in particular were amazing. Patrick, who was a Marquette student spent close to half an hour telling us everything we would ever need to know about the school, and after he was unable to find us a map of the campus online he hand drew us a very detailed map that helped tremendously. If you are planning on visiting the city, or Marquette make sure you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello Ian! Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while visiting Marquette University. We know there are many other hotels in the area, and we truly appreciate your business. We are thrilled to hear your comment that “the staff truly making the hotel unique”, as we work very hard as a team to offer five-star service to all of our guests! We are especially pleased to hear your feedback on Patrick being very helpful and accommodating! We will be sure to share your great feedback with the rest of our team; we know Patrick will be very pleased to know he helped to make your experience more enjoyable. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we hope to see you back on future visits!