“A decent place to spend the night”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is really close to MU, but not close to some of the other stuff in Milwaukee. It's about a 20 minute walk (or you can drive) to the Third Ward area and the Riverwalk.

The staff was okay. The woman who checked us in was almost robotic in her explanation of our room and the property. The $15/night valet parking is the only option at the hotel. The room itself was fine (clean, comfortable). In retrospect, I probably would have preferred staying somewhere a little closer to the Third Ward area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I wanted to thank you for your business during your travels to our area, and for taking a moment to share you experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed our excellent location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee (close to Marquette University), as well as our clean and comfortable rooms. We take great pride in the excellent service provided by our team, and I am disappointed to learn that your experience fell short of expectations. We value your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, our service, and our guest satisfaction; I can assure you that your comments have been addressed with our Front Office team. We sincerely hope you’ll consider stay with us on future visits so we can provide you with the exceptional experience you deserve. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We've stayed at several hotels in Milwaukee while our kids have been in College there. This has been the best of all! Great location. Most importantly, they have the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel that we've stayed at!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Wow! Thank you for the glowing review, and kind words on our team. Most importantly, thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We take great pride in taking care of our guest and I am so pleased to know that we exceeded expectation in your experience with us. It makes our day to hear your comment that our hotel is the best of all of the hotels you’ve stayed at in the Milwaukee area. We strive to provide all of our guests with perfect ‘10’ service, and I am so pleased to hear we have “the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel” you’ve stayed at. Our staff will be very happy to hear your wonderful feedback. Thank you again for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The room was comfortable, quiet and clean. Walking distance to the Milwaukee Theater and coffee shop. We were in town for a graduation. Staff were professional, helpful, and friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Michelle! Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while in town for a graduation, and for the fantastic five-star review. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know we exceeded expectations in your experience with us. Our team will be excited to see your comments on their “professional, helpful and friendly” service. We couldn’t be happier to hear that you will stay with us again on future visits, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty. I am glad to know you enjoyed our comfortable, quiet and clean guest rooms, and our perfect location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The air conditioning unit in my room did not work to cool the room down. By the time I realized this upon returning to my room from a long day of training it was very late and I was very tired so I did not contact the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I do apologize for the issue with the air conditioning in your guest room, and for any discomfort this caused you during your stay. We strive to provide all of our guests with a stay that is comfortable and hassle-free, and we ask that our guests let us know of any issues via our 24 hour Care-Line so we can make it right. I sincerely hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you to see how we can make it right. You may reach me by calling 414-273-2950 and asking to speak with Jeff Welk.

Jeff Welk

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This place is OK, the staff is great, the rooms are clean, and you get cookies when you check in. BUT there's also fairly basic room amenities and mandatory valet parking for $15/day. Only having valet parking and the prices of the room are a little over the top considering there are vacant lots (it is in downtown Milwaukee after all) within 1-2 blocks of this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for sharing your experience with other travelers. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pristine guest rooms, our freshly baked warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival, and the top-notch service provided by our team. However, I am sorry to hear that other aspects of your stay did not meet expectations. We take pride in the wonderful amenities at our hotel including complimentary high speed wireless internet, complimentary newspaper, refrigerators and microwaves in every guest room, our fitness center with a washer and dryer, the abundant channel package on our 32-Inch LCD HD TVs, and our business centers. We are sorry that you weren't happy with our parking fee; however, we do our best to stay competitive and have found that at $15 ours is the lowest along with the additional convenience of valeting the car. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back again on future visits to the Milwaukee area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here on business travel for two nights. The hotel is downtown and walking distance to lots of great restaurants and shopping. The restaurant in the hotel was okay for dinner, but fantastic for breakfast. This is one of the best breakfast buffets I have come across in all my business travel. I usually order a specially-made omelet, but the eggs on the buffet were replenished frequently and had great flavor and texture. They also had a great variety of fruit, meats, and other items (biscuits, French toast, waffles). I noticed a good selection of oatmeal 'fixins' and cold cereal. The coffee was great too and you could get a to-go cup.

The front desk staff was great and sent a couple of bottled waters up to my room upon request. The room was not small - but with two double beds, the floor space was definitely minimal. I work out in the room and it was a tight fit for me in this room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business, and for the wonderful review! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that we exceeded expectations in your experience with us! I am happy to know enjoyed our excellent location (within walking distance to restaurants and shops), the delicious and extensive hot breakfast buffet in our convenient on-site Avenue Bar & Grill restaurant, and the first-class service provided by our team. It makes my day to hear that our breakfast buffet is the best you’ve ever had. I agree that our culinary team does a great job of keeping it well stocked, and with adding new options and specials on a daily basis. Our Food & Beverage team will be excited to hear your great feedback! Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back again on future visits to our area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Location is very convenient in downtown Milwaukee.
Staff members were helpful too.
Our room had only one small window which made room really dark and it was depressing.
Bathroom was small and not very clean.
Closet door would not stay open ! Not a very good property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our excellent downtown location, and our very helpful team. However, I am disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay were not up to expectations. We strive to provide all of our guests with 100% satisfaction, and I am truly sorry that this was not the case. If you would please contact me at 414-273-2950 and ask to speak with Jeff Welk, I would be happy to address the issue in more detail. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope to get the opportunity to earn back your business.

Jeff Welk