“A nice place to spend a night”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Dexter greeted us with a cookie. Nice to see him in the TV ad. No complaints at all. Friendly clean and convenient. Breakfast buffet was nice in the hotel restaurant. In and out of property from street good. Parking attendants friendly and fast. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, and for choosing to stay at our hotel! I always enjoy hearing such positive feedback from a frequent traveler, and I am happy to know that you’ll stay with us again on future visits to our area. I am pleased to hear that Dexter provided you with a warm and friendly welcome to our property with our delicious signature chocolate chip cookie. Additionally, I am glad that our parking attendants were very friendly and fast! I’ll be sure to share your fantastic feedback with the rest of our team. Thank you again for the fantastic review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

414-273-2950

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very good and well maintained establishment. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast options and has a nice bar. I stay here on a regular basis for my business trips. Very efficient and quick valet system.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business, and for your continued loyalty to our hotel! I would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know you had a great experience with us. It makes my day to hear such fantastic feedback on our hotel, and our team! I am glad you enjoyed our well maintained property, nice bar, delicious and extensive breakfast options in our convenient on-site restaurant, and the exceptional service provided by our award-winning team. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times for Marquette Basketball and recently for Marquette graduation. It is perfectly located for downtown Milwaukee events (a little far from Summerfest grounds). Right in the middle of many great restaurants and bars. Indoor parking is only $15/ nt.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Bill-

Thank you choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while visiting the area for Marquette Basketball and Marquette graduation, and for the wonderful review! I always enjoy hearing excellent feedback from a frequent traveler to our property, and I am pleased to know that you’ve had several great experiences with us! I am glad you enjoyed our prime location, and our convenient indoor parking. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you back on future visits to our area!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the DoubleTree downtown Milwaukee several times in the last few years for business. It is a medium size hotel with small bar/restaurant. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet. Staff are friendly and always eager to please.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor, and for recommending our hotel. I wanted to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling on business, and for your continued loyalty over the years. We take great pride in taking care of our guests and I am so pleased to hear your feedback on our staff being “friendly and always eager to please”. In addition, I am glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms. Thank you again for your great feedback, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location is very convenient walk to downtown, a 5 minute walk to the Milwaukee Public Museum, a 15 minute drive to Miller Park, a 5 minute walk to Church. Comfortable room, onsite parking, continental breakfast, a lounge, very reasonable rates. We have stayed at this hotel a half dozen times over the past 5 years or so and have never had anything but professional service, often very friendly service. Select packages which include parking (which is in/out service unlimited times during your stay) as well as the breakfast and you will really increase the value of the stay.

Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for your continued loyalty to our hotel over the years. Given your frequent travels to our property, I am so pleased to hear that our staff has provided you with professional and friendly service during each stay. In addition, I am glad you enjoy our perfect location in downtown Milwaukee, our convenient and efficient valet parking, and our delicious and extensive breakfast options in our on-site, Avenue Bar & Grill Restaurant. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Milwaukee is an excellent choice if you are looking for lodging. The only reason I didn't rate the hotel "excellent" is because my husband thought the bed was too hard and had trouble sleeping; I had no such problem. The staff was very accommodating and helpful and made us feel welcome and at home. I could not have asked for better service from all the staff with whom we interacted.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, and for the wonderful review. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased that we exceeded expectation in your stay with us. I am proud to hear that all of our staff were “accommodating and helpful” throughout your stay. Our main goal is to make our guest’s stay as comfortable and wonderful as possible, to provide a “home away from home” experience, and I am happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and at home! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is really close to MU, but not close to some of the other stuff in Milwaukee. It's about a 20 minute walk (or you can drive) to the Third Ward area and the Riverwalk.

The staff was okay. The woman who checked us in was almost robotic in her explanation of our room and the property. The $15/night valet parking is the only option at the hotel. The room itself was fine (clean, comfortable). In retrospect, I probably would have preferred staying somewhere a little closer to the Third Ward area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I wanted to thank you for your business during your travels to our area, and for taking a moment to share you experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed our excellent location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee (close to Marquette University), as well as our clean and comfortable rooms. We take great pride in the excellent service provided by our team, and I am disappointed to learn that your experience fell short of expectations. We value your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, our service, and our guest satisfaction; I can assure you that your comments have been addressed with our Front Office team. We sincerely hope you’ll consider stay with us on future visits so we can provide you with the exceptional experience you deserve. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.