“Always a great experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Every time we come to Milwaukee (once a year), we always stay at this Double Tree. There are never any trouble or issues. Downtown Milwaukee is a great place to visit, I always feel safe and we have a really good time. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Sharon-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for recommending our hotel to other travelers! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that you always have a great experience with us. We are honored that you choose to stay with us every time you visit the Milwaukee area, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty. Our team strives to make your stay as wonderful and hassle-free as possible, and I’m glad to hear that all your stays have been problem free! Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.

DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was in charge of booking a block of 25 rooms for a large group event as well as coordinating an opening reception. Our stay at the Double Tree was great and I had no complaints from any of the members of my group. Char in the group sales office was a joy to work with. She was always one step ahead of what I needed and was a delight to work with in person and over the phone. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were very nice. I liked the downtown location of the hotel as well. When I plan this trip again I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello Josh-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for your excellent five-star review! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to hear that your group had a very positive experience with us. Our team members strive to provide all of our guests with a perfect ‘10’ experience, and I am proud to know that our Sales Manager, Char was always one step ahead, and a delight to work with. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team. Thank you again for your fantastic review, and we look forward to having you back again on future visits.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was one of the hotels recommended for the show, and overall I preferred it to the Hyatt where I stayed the year before, mostly because of the fridge and microwave in the room, free internet, better price, and cleanliness Pros: Excellent location across the road from the convention center Nice sized fridge in the room Staff was very helpful Cons: Room a little small I wish the parking wasn't valet Lighting in the room rather dim I'd stay there again for the show

1  Thank Charlene A

Hello Charlene-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent review. I am so glad you had a great experience at our hotel, and we are honored that we are your hotel of choice while visiting for the Bead and Button Show. I am pleased you enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave in your guest room, free high speed wireless internet, our excellent downtown location (across the street from the convention center), and our very helpful team! Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on future visits.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff was very friendly and accommodating, we arrived late in the evening and we had no trouble. Beds were small. It was very close sleeping. TV was a nice size, microwave was a nice size as well. Once I figured out the coffee situation that worked well. Clean room, terrible view. (but I don't know that there could have been a nice view). Vending machines only take dollar bills. Lots of stores and restaurants nearby. I didn't have time to explore much, but what I experienced was quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello April-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown and for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that our staff was "very friendly and accommodating”! I am glad you enjoyed our pristine guest rooms with our excellent amenities including our 32-Inch LCD HD TVs, microwaves, and our in-room beverage station and coffee maker. Additionally, I am pleased you enjoyed the convenient vending and ice machines on every floor, and our perfect location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee (within walking distance to many stores and restaurants). Thank you again for taking the time to share your great feedback with other travelers, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I absolutely love to stay at this hotel whenever I am in town. The staff is exceptional; friendly, accommodating, and always ready to assist. I only travel there quarterly for business and they remember my name and treat you like you are there every week.

Hello Debra-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business, and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. It makes our day to hear that you love staying at our hotel whenever you are in town, and we truly appreciate your loyalty! I am so pleased to hear your wonderful feedback, and kind words on our team.Thank you again for writing us such a fantastic review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Everything about this hotel was first rate, from the valets, who gave advice on restaurants and how to get there to the wait staff and front desk staff. The rooms were great, very comfortable and well appointed. the hotel was very central to the downtown,and it was easy to access the highways from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent review! Our team strives to provide all of our guests with perfect ’10’ service, and I am so pleased to hear that our Valet team was helpful with providing directions, and recommending local restaurants.In addition, I'm glad you enjoyed the first-rate service provided by our team, our comfortable and well appointed guest rooms, and our perfect downtown location. Thank you again for the fantastic review, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel next time you are visiting the Milwaukee area.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the DoubleTree for a week while attending the annual Bead and Button Show. Excellent accommodations and excellent staff. They even lent us umbrellas for several days when it rained. The restaurant food was very good with excellent service -- for us an uncommon experience in similar hotels. A great location for walking downtown and to the Museum of Art on the lakefront. We had stayed at other hotels in prior years, but the DoubleTree will be our hotel of choice for this annual event.

Room Tip: The higher floors have windows that open.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hi Dona-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton while visiting Milwaukee for the annual Bead and Button Show! We are so pleased to hear your wonderful feedback on our excellent staff and accommodations. It makes our day to hear that we are your “hotel of choice” for the Bead and Button event, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel. We are always looking for ways to go above and beyond in our guest’s experience and I so pleased to hear that our team was helpful in providing you with umbrellas during the days that it had rained. Thank you again for your wonderful review, and we look for having you back again for next year’s Bead and Button event!

DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown