“EXCELLENT SECOND CHOICE”

Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
WATERTOWN, United States
“EXCELLENT SECOND CHOICE”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my second choice as the convention hotel was booked and the over-flow hotel too far away. I booked this online and it was a great choice. Glad it worked out this way!! Will definitely stay there again. Staff was great and accommodations very comfortable. Only drawback was the bathroom was a little small.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hi Sandra R-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent feedback on your stay with us! Despite having a change of travel plans, I’m so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us, and found our hotel to be a great choice! We so are glad to hear you will stay with us on future visits and we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I am proud to hear your great feedback on our staff and accommodations. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back again soon!

414-273-2950

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Double Tree located in downtown Milwaukee offers excellent service and a very convenient location. The hotel staff was always courteous and helpful. The restaurant offers good food at reasonable prices.

Hi James K-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton while traveling for business, and for recommending our hotel to other travelers! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that we exceeded expectations in your stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our “very convenient location”, great value and delicious food in our on-site Avenue Bar & Grill Restaurant, and the top-notch service provided by our award-winning team. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was coming to town on Saturday for a wedding that night, and the staff was very helpful in getting me an early check in time so I could get ready before attending the ceremony that afternoon. My only complaint would be that you had to pay valet park your car. There was no option to go anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Madelyn K-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while visiting for a wedding, and for the fantastic review! Our team is always looking for ways to make your experience more enjoyable, and I am pleased to hear that our team was very helpful in arranging an early check in for you. I’m sorry that you were disappointed with our valet only parking option and fee; however, we hope you enjoyed the added benefits of valet including: come and go privileges with no additional fee, our well lit garage with security patrolling in the evening hours, and our quick and efficient Valet drivers working 24/7. We do our best to stay competitive and found that at $15, our fee is the lowest along with the additional convenience of Valeting the car. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel on future visits!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hosted the United States Youth Futsal Leadership Summit meeting June 12 - 14 and they hotel staff and accommodations were great. A special thank you to two people who really helped us with our media presentation, Allen Fischer and the Food and Beverage manager, Jon Bjerning really saved the day and helped us out in an emergency. 15 minutes before a presentation, we discovered that our projector did not accept a certain computer model, John came through and lent us their projector and hook ups. The front desk staff was also very courteous under a lot of pressure during a very busy weekend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown for the United States Youth Futsal Leadership Summit meeting. I truly appreciate the wonderful review and the kind words on our team. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that we exceeded expectation in your experience with us. I am glad to hear that both Jon Bjerning, our Directore of Food & Beverage, and Allan Fischer, our Director of Catering, were very helpful in lending you the appropriate equipment for your presentation, and making sure that everything ran smoothly. Additionally, I am pleased you enjoyed the courteous service provided by our front desk team. I will be sure to share your great feedback with the rest of our team! Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We rented rooms for my daughter's wedding so there were multiple people staying at the same hotel from my extended family. My brother came in from Minneapolis on late Friday night. His room was reserved almost a year earlier but when he arrived he had no room. Apparently he had used his Target charge card to reserve the room and Double Tree runs the card 24 hours before your stay. If the card is dead, then the room is dead. Unfortunately my brother was one of those people whose card was stolen in the big Target credit card fiasco, so he canceled his card. It would have been nice if Doubletree had contacted him to ask about the card especially since they knew he was bookd on the wedding guest room list. My husband and I had to be at the wedding venue at 2:30 pm but there was no way they would let us check in before 3:00 pm, so our room wasn't ready until we returned at 12:30 pm. There was also confusion as to whether we had a room or not. The room keys they gave us initially opened a room that was already occupied! Lastly, after eating breafast in the hotel restaurant, I visited the women's restroom and found a 3 inch cockroach. YUCK!!! When I told the front desk, they said they would send someone over to check on it...no apology, no great concern. A woman came after about 10 minutes and said, UGH...I'm afraid of cockroaches...I'll have to get someone from maintenance. She left me standing in the restroom. No need to post a sign or anything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank You for selecting the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling the area. We assure you this is not characteristic of our property. In fact, this is the first negative review we have had in quite some time. We do try our absolute best to meet all guest requests, including early check-ins to our hotel. Unfortunately, our check-in time is not until 3pm, and since we were sold out for Saturday we were not able to accommodate early check-ins. The party was made aware of this in advance, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We are sorry for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is extremely important to us and we focus a great deal of our time and attention on them. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been successfully addressed. I would love to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact me directly at: 262-727-2270.

Fall Creek, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure trips. The location is excellent - easy walking distance to many attractions downtown. The place is always clean and the staff, always accomodating.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Pamela-

Thank you for choosing stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for excellent review. We truly appreciate your continued loyalty to hotel whether traveling for business or leisure! I am so pleased to hear your great feedback back our excellent location, our pristine hotel, and the wonderful service provided by our award winning team. Thank you again for your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Vincennes, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Every time we come to Milwaukee (once a year), we always stay at this Double Tree. There are never any trouble or issues. Downtown Milwaukee is a great place to visit, I always feel safe and we have a really good time. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi Sharon-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for recommending our hotel to other travelers! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that you always have a great experience with us. We are honored that you choose to stay with us every time you visit the Milwaukee area, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty. Our team strives to make your stay as wonderful and hassle-free as possible, and I’m glad to hear that all your stays have been problem free! Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.