“So close to our destination”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Spring Hill, Florida
“So close to our destination”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is right in the heart of where we needed to be. We went to the Wine & Dine and it was right across the street. Easy parking here. Great room, and they have the AARP discount, so we got it for a great price!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Hello MilitaryMama4-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent review! We are lucky to have such a convenient downtown location for our guests to experience the city. I’m glad you in enjoyed our efficient valet parking service (with in and out privileges), and it’s great that you were able to take advantage of the AARP discount. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on future travels, and please let me know if there is anything I can assist with.

(414) 273-2950

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Denmark, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Although the staff was the most courteous of any hotel, I've stayed in, the rooms left much to be desired. I booked the room for 4 adults, but due to the small size of the rooms, they should not allow (and charge) for 4 adults. One of the adults did not even fit in the bed. One of the beds was tight against a wall (which felt like a coral reef) and the person on that side of the bed actually had scratches from it. The bar, parking and valet service was great, but for the price, the hotel should have had a pool and hot tub.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hello Andrea V-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am delighted to hear that our staff was “the most courteous of any hotel” you’ve been to. In addition, I’m glad you enjoyed our on-site bar & cocktail lounge, and our efficient valet service. We strive to make your stay as comfortable and hassle-free as possible, and I’m sorry to hear our guest room fell short of your expectations. Depending on what you are looking for we do have rooms at a little higher price, that are more spacious with a king size bed and pull out sleeper sofa. Please do not hesitate to let us know if this is something you would be interested in on your next visit. I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit, and please let me know if there is anything I can assist with.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I travel almost every week for business, and stay in a lot of hotels. The DoubleTree Milwaukee Downtown is THE Best! I don't know if the manager is a genius at hiring people or is brilliant at training and motivation, but the entire staff here is FANTASTIC!

In addition, the restaurant has a great staff and really good food (try the Chili).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Rick R-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business. I always value the feedback of a frequent traveler, and I truly appreciate the kind words on our team and hotel. We strive to provide you with the best experience possible, and I’m so glad to hear that you were treated very well by our team! It’s great that you were able to experience our Avenue Bar & Grill, and I’m proud to hear your high praise on our staff and the delicious food. Thank you again for the gracious review, and we hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again on future travels.

Sheboygan, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Overall our stay at this hotel was fabulous! The room was clean and very roomy (King Suite). I had an issue with my room key not working, but it was resolved quickly and gracefully by the hotel staff. Also, the breakfast buffet that was included with our stay was great and the servers in the restuarant were very attentive even though we all chose the buffet (you don't often see that with buffets). I'd defianately stay here again!

Hello Jennifer W-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the kind words and detailed account of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that your experience at our hotel was “fabulous”. I do apologize for the issue with your room key; however, I’m happy to know that the issue was resolved quickly and gracefully by our team. We are thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience our attentive wait staff, and our delicious and extensive breakfast buffet in our on-site, Avenue Bar & Grill restaurant. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on future visits.

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Went there for our Anniversary. They did all they could to make our stay extremely enjoyable.Fresh cookies when you check in. Any request they try to help. Valet service. A little extra but well worth it. Right downtown close to most anything you could need.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Valerie L-

Thank you selecting to stay at our hotel while celebrating your anniversary, and for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor! I love hearing that our staff did everything they could to make your experience with us extremely enjoyable. We are very appreciative of your praise of our attentive team, our efficient valet service, perfect location, and our freshly baked chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. Thank you again for staying with us, and hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree while moving a student into Marquette. The hotel and its staff are fabulous. Everyone, from the valet staff to the front desk to the housekeeping staff strive to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience. And, as a bonus, the warm cookies are delicious! The hotel is extremely convenient to Marquette, the convention center and the Bradlee Center. A great place to stay in downtown Milwuakee

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Hello M C-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while moving a student into Marquette, and for the five-star rating of our property. We are lucky to have a convenient location close to Marquette University, a team that is dedicated to offering exceptional service—and the added bonus of our delicious warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival! I’m proud to hear that our entire team was consistent in delivering wonderful service throughout your stay. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back again on future visits.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was my first time staying at a Double Tree Hotel.

Upon check-in, I received a warm chocolate chip cookie. The front desk supervisor was the one who checked me into the hotel and he couldn't have been any nicer. The rooms were clean and I liked the Crabtree and Evelyn bath products that were in the bathroom. There was a good size fridge in the room (bigger than a mini-fridge but smaller than a full-size fridge) and there was a microwave also in the room. There was free WIFI in the room. I had trouble accessing it but my friends didn't. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom and plenty of pillows on the bed.

We arrived to Milwaukee, via AMTRAK, and it was about a good five block walk to the hotel. We easily walked it but, if you're not in the best of shape, you may want to take a cab. There were lots of things to do within walking distance from the hotel. I was there for the Irish festival and there was a shuttle that took you to/from the festival across the street. I walked to the Summer Fest grounds but it was a 1+ mile walk. I thought that would be a good way to see the city.

I know the hotel had a restaurant but I didn't eat there. I checked out of the hotel at 8:50AM and, even though our train didn't leave until 3:00PM, the staff held our bags. Everyone that I encountered at the hotel, from beginning to end, was extremely friendly!

If the opportunity ever presented itself, I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello citygalSTL –

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel while visiting for Irish Fest, and for the fantastic review. I’m so glad that your first stay at a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel was very satisfactory! It’s great that you were able to take advantage of our excellent downtown location (within walking distance to the Amtrack station and Irish Fest). I’m proud to hear that every team member you encountered was “extremely friendly” throughout your stay, and I’m glad you enjoyed our refreshing Crabtree and Evelyn bath products. I’m sorry to hear you had trouble connecting to our complimentary wireless Internet, and for the inconvenience. On future stays, please don’t hesitate to let us know of any issues by dialing “0”, and our team will be happy to assist right away. Making your stay 100% satisfactory is our first priority. Thank you again for the thorough review on all that our hotel has to offer, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.