Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
  • Breakfast included
Astor Hotel(Milwaukee)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsanchorage restaurantfront desknice view of the riverfire pitrestaurant staffhousekeeping staffclose to downtownbreakfast buffetnight's sleepindoor poolbusiness centerthe entire staffbeds were comfortableleonardbayshorehiltonsprecher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very nice hotel, one of the best features is if you are a Hilton Honors member and receive free breakfast. The Sunday morning breakfast is in The Ancorage restaurant next door is excellent! It is located on the river with a nice veiw.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your comments, as we also think that one of the best features of our unique hotel is our restaurant, The Anchorage!

The Anchorage is a dining icon in the community, and is about to celebrate its 40th anniversary, (they also have their own dedicated Trip Advisor listing for your comments), priding ourselves on not being a typical dining outlet.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

-- Michael Dietrich / General Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I loved this hotel and the great restaurant attached to it. the food and bar were great. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, the price was reasonable. Unfortunately, the hotel will stop being part of the Hilton chain soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for providing your comments about our hotel, as well as for our famed restaurant, The Anchorage. All very appreciated!

We are very proud of The Anchorage, which is about to celebrate its 40th anniversary within the local dining community. (They also have a direct Trip Advisor listing, where your comments would also be greatly appreciated.)

Equal pride is for our staff members whose efforts really make lodging and dining with us special!

While we may not be a part of the full-serviced hotel portfolio within Hilton due to their new corporate requirements at the conclusion of our valued contract agreement, we do look forward to being a solid part of your hospitality needs in the future!

Hilton Milwaukee River

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I found an error on my bill that was made by a front desk staff person/manager. When I asked her to correct it she became belligerent and rude and refused to do it - speaking louder than necessary she barked out that "policy" was the reason for not being able to correct it. However, when I met up with my co-worker who also stayed at the same hotel and checked out shortly after I did, I found out that "the policy" was not applied to her (and her identical room was charged less then mine!) Because of the disrespect and over-billing that I experienced, I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rascaleon

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I do apologize if you felt slighted at our front desk in regards to the billing/tax policies of our hotel, as I did ask a number of our staff members about this particular incident.

With the further clarification from our Rooms Division Manager below my reply here, I hope that this matter is resolved, and that we can welcome you back you our unique Hotel and noted restaurant, The Anchorage, for your future area travels.

Hilton Milwaukee River & The Anchorage

Thank you for providing your comments, as they do assist us in maintaining our standards and make the necessary changes. However I am not exactly sure which policy you are referring to but I do believe this is in regards to the tax exempt policy which is not our policy per say but, the State of Wisconsin Internal Revenue which states that in order to be tax exempt the bill must be paid for by the entity that is tax exempt with that being said it has to be either on a state purchasing card or on a purchase order, not on the individual’s personal credit card, We apologize if we offended you but the policy is not ours again it is the State of Wisconsin Internal Revenue’s.

Kathy Sokolowski -- Rooms Division Manager/ Front Desk
Hilton Milwaukee River

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Once again the front desk came through with a king bed upgrade when sold out. I stay at this hotel every two weeks and have many other options when traveling. I will continue to stay here for my Business travel. Thanks Hilton for your great service !

• Stayed: November 2013
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for your comments, as well as your continued patronage of our Hotel!

The overall levels of customer service, along with our signature restaurant, The Anchorage, are two primary items that we are quite proud of here, and I'm glad to read that we are your preferred hospitality choice for your area travels.

See you soon......like in two weeks or so!!!!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Warm welcome, spotlessly clean room, comfortable bed, nice breakfast bar. Easy to get to, not from from anything, very good value for the money. The only negative was the bartender in the lounge the night we were there -- deep in conversation at every chance with one particular party and paying no attention to us -- had to walk over to interrupt his visiting to order a second round of drinks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments following your stay with us, as they all assist us in maintaining standards or making corrections as needed.

We are very proud of many items here at our Hotel, and you touched on a few of them...our cleanliness levels, our popular breakfast buffet in The Anchorage, and our new linens and bedding.

We also receive many compliments on our overall levels of customer service. I do apologize for the mixed feelings you received, being positive at our front desk, but off within our bar area. This has been properly discussed/corrected.

This said, I hope to welcome you back to our unique hotel and signature restaurant again soon!