“Kindness for weary travelers”

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Ranked #18 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very helpful staff with hyper-clean rooms. Highly recommended and close to the city center to make all local appointments very manageable. Hotel had an attached independent restaurant that was recommended by staff and turned out to be well above the quality norm - don't hesitate to try and was convenient for any time restricted business person.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for your comments!

Our Hotel is proud to receive consistent praise from our guests on the elements that you highlighted.....our levels of cleanliness, our convenient location in relation to the area's business and attractions, and in particular, of our signature restaurant, The Anchorage. (Which, by the way, has its own Trip Advisor listing for your direct comments too.)

We hope to welcome you back for your next Milwaukee-area visit!

-- Michael Dietrich / GM

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The food, Oh my Goodness! This location is proof you don't have to spend $500 a night to enjoy your stay and be treated like they really appreciate your business. From the front desk personnel to the wait staff, everyone was just there to accommodate you in what ever way they could. If ever in Milwaukee for any reason, this is my place to stay. The Best!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments about our staff and about our quality food service!

We are very proud of both…..our staffs' collective efforts in making our guests feel comfortable and welcomed, as well as for the fantastic comments earned from our acclaimed restaurant, The Anchorage. (They also have a dedicated Trip Advisor listing for your direct comments.)

We look forward to being your hospitality choice when staying in the area!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

When booking my room they asked if I wanted a view of the river, I said sure. I got in at night, next morning I opened the curtains to see my river view, to my surprise the river was frozen over. When looking out the window the only indication that it was below freezing was a little bit of snow and a frozen river. I slept great each night after working long days. This hotel is very, very clean. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast and dinner in restaurant or in room server was great. This is the best hotel I have found in Milwaukee so far. Even thought I was thought some things could be improved, I will definitively stay there next time I am in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for your comments, even to the point of positively acknowledging our arctic winter and deeply frozen river! All appreciated!

Our hotel is unique for its pastoral location along the river and for our noted restaurant, The Anchorage. But we also receive many compliments on the levels of cleanliness and friendliness in a full-serviced setting provided by our staff. They do take pride in their tasks, making sure that our guests are taken care of!

We all look forward to welcoming you back again!

-- Michael Dietrich / GM

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Competitively priced. Beautiful location with easy access from highway. Quiet. Rooms are very nice. Staff was very polite and very helpful--best service I ever had from everyone from the van driver, to bartender, host at restaurant, waitress, desk clerks. You name it. One of the best experiences I ever had. Would stay there again. Very highly recommend this hotel. Best place I ever stayed in Milwaukee including swank expensive downtown hotels. Close to shopping. (Restaurants too but I liked the restaurant in the hotel. It is along the water.) Very quiet. No expressway noise. Great bed. Clean beautiful room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments, in particular your praise of our staff members during your stay!

Our hotel is well-known for our signature restaurant, The Anchorage, and for our location next to the River and close to the Bayshore Town Center. But we are also proud to be known for our collective high levels of customer service provided by all departments!

Glad to read of your experiences, and hope to welcome you back soon!

-- Michael Dietrich, GM

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We dine with pleasure at the Anchorage. Top location right on the river, excellent and varied food choices, service at its best...and fairly priced. Kevin is spot on with his unobtrusive way of keeping our table well supplied.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thanks you for your comments, especially about the staff, quality, and selections presented at The Anchorage!

Celebrating a 40th anniversary, The Anchorage is a unique restaurant, in that we consider it to be a key element for the Hotel, as well as an iconic part of the community. You can also provide your comments right to the Trip Advisor listing for The Anchorage itself.

Glad to read that Kevin makes your dining experiences pleasant!

Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I gave it 1 star because the hotel front desk people are nice.

When you walk into this hotel you think Halloween the walls are so dark brown you would think they are orange. The hallways walls are orange and black and very cold in the spring. Makes you think of a haunted house.
The water takes literally 10 minutes to get hot not good.
The rooms look so old in the inside. The lamb bulbs are not white they are like a off color makes the room very dark.
I'm a platinum member I have never had so many bad things to say about a hotel!
I was there for 3 days so I ate at the restaurant all days hoping something would be good.
The crab cakes was horrible just horrible.
The burger had a funny taste, I couldn't even eat eat. The food cost way to much for the quality of it. Even breakfast was bad.
You will do better going to McDonald's.
OMG the walls are so then every morning I would hear the maids talk about all there business like they was standing right in front of my door! ( It's 9:30 on a Sunday IM NOT GOING TO BE HERE TILL NO 2 O'CLOCK ) I have five rooms left and room ...... is still in there!
Very loudly right in front of my door for like 2 hours. So not good when you just got done working 12 hours night shift. I just got right on up and checked out after that. Checked into the Marriott downtown you have to pay for parking but at least you will get some rest!
Other than all of that the front desk people are very nice.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HOSPITALITY STAY JUST FOR THAT!
I never write reviews but I just had to on this one. I'm sending this to Hilton corporate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank A H

Thank you for your comments. Even after an implied negative stay, they do assist my staff.

That said, based on some of your notations in a public forum, I would like to point out that our common-area carpeting and wallpaper is less than 2 years old and has received positive comments from other patrons (in addition to being directly approved by Hilton itself for installation), that energy-efficient lighting has been implemented, and that our signature restaurant, The Anchorage, is one of the top-rated establishments in the city, noted for its seafood quality, presentation, and affordable pricing.

However, I will personally address the issues of staff members' early conversations in our hallways. That is not the protocol that I expect from my housekeeping staff. On this point alone, I do agree with you in that it made for a challenging rest, and apologize accordingly.

Regards,

-- Michael Dietrich, GM

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Have been coming to this restaurant for years. Great view, terrific food, excellent service. Kevin is particularly great. Marge, Tammy, Lindsey all excellent! It is nice to know them and be treated like family. Unique and plentiful Sunday brunch. Great deal! Nothing like this place on the area. A real treasure.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your comments on our hotel’s Trip Advisor listing about the staff, quality, and service levels associated with our acclaimed restaurant, The Anchorage! Very appreciated!

The Anchorage is a very unique and iconic restaurant for the Northshore community, mainly in the fact that it does not fall into the stereotypical 'hotel restaurant' category. Celebrating a 40th anniversary, it well-known for its creative entrées, attentive staff members, the popular Sunday Brunch, and pleasant year-round views of the River.

We even consider The Anchorage to be a key amenity for the hotel itself! (You are encouraged to also provide these comments directly on The Anchorage’s own dedicated Trip Advisor listing as well, so that future dining patrons may see your comments.)

Please visit us again soon!