“Dirty glasses (Mothers Day Brunch)”

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Service was good I know they are very busy and sometimes the detials get missed. Mothers day brunch I almost lost my meal. My last sip of juice revealed a chocolate cover bottom glass. My water on the table had a bug floating in it. My sister had to send her juice back she had a floating bug with wings flapping. Overall good service until the last drop. Gross! Gross! Gross!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael D, Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thanks for your comments, as even critical ones are taken to heart!

We appreciate the positive comments about the service on a very busy Mother’s ay Brunch here at The Anchorage! The entire staff worked very hard that day accommodating many pleased attendees.

But yes....getting a dirty glass placed on the table is not acceptable regardless of the customer volume that day. And we do apologize for the extras from "Mother Nature", as guests did leave our entrance and patio doors open more than usual.

With the 40th anniversary of The Anchorage this year, we do invite you to appreciate our services and dining ambiance on more of s standard day!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I visit this hotel quite often. The service is always exceptional. Vance will great you at the door with a huge smile and he will assure your stay starts off right with some great coffee. Kathy manages the front counter crew and she is exceptional, as is her team. It is always a pleasure to stay here.
The rooms are clean and quiet and hotel security is awesome.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the river
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments as well as for your continued patronage of our Hotel!

As we embark on an extensive renovation/reflagging project, we are building upon our strengths that you referenced...our high levels of personalized customer service and the levels of cleanliness throughout our facility!

Along with our noted restaurant, The Anchorage, we are very proud of these traits, and are glad that you appreciated these during your stay!

We look forward to continuing to welcome you here!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Decent hotel. Rooms were clean and front desk people were friendly. From a hotel standpoint there is really nothing to complain about. Everything you would expect from a Hilton. I would def. stay there again. The drive to downtown was not too bad. There is a nice outdoor/indoor shopping mall about 1.5 miles away. The neighborhood around the hotel seemed a bit shady but we didn't encounter any problems.

The restaurant in the hotel is a different story. This restaurant gets high reviews from other people but I am not sure why. Was greeted at the door by a friendly hostess for breakfast. She took me to a table and it was all downhill from there. Waited for what seemed a LONG time on a waiter/waitress and no one came. I flagged someone down and they got my server for me. I did the buffet and the food was typical for a hotel buffet, not great but not bad. Never got my drinks refilled and again had to find someone to help me. VERY poor service, but the kicker, The service for lunch the next day was a 1000 times worse. To make this quick, wasn't greeted in a timely manner. forgot to bring our drinks, only brought half our food and dropped off our check before we even got the rest of our food. Drink refills didn't happen. The bright point, the food was def. above average for a hotel restaurant.

Not sure I would eat in the hotel restaurant again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michael D, Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your comments and insights! All very much appreciated as we embark on a major renovation project for our unique Hotel and restaurant, The Anchorage!

Our hotel enjoys many positive features.....our location to both Downtown Milwaukee and to Glendale's attractions such as the Bayshore Town Center, our Interstate access, our pastoral setting along the Milwaukee River, a very dedicated staff, and our fantastic restaurant, The Anchorage. Sorry to read that you felt the service was off, as this certainly is not the norm, nor up to our standards.

We do wish to announce new ownership of the property, which is beginning the transition to become a magnificent IHG / Holiday Inn property! This will build upon our past successes while creating a great new environment.

A larger lobby with river views, an expanded ballroom, a refurbished restaurant with an expanded riverside patio, and totally remodel guestrooms will all be included in these next few months!

We hope that you have found a new home base for your Milwaukee visits as we make these improvements!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I tried to check into the hotel a couple hours early. The lady at the front desk seemed genuinely upset that she had no rooms available for me. She explained that they were sold out the night before. I appreciated that she was so nice to me.

My room was on the river which was great. I always appreciate a view. The room was spotlessly clean and quite large. The hotel is not brand new, but seems to be fairly updated. I had a good night's sleep.

I had breakfast at the Anchorage restaurant attached to the hotel. The buffet was nice and again the restaurant overlooked the river. There was an outside patio. There were many business people staying at the hotel. I did not get a chance to see the pool.

I stay in this area often. This is my new favorite hotel. The price was the same as hotels in the area that are not as nice as this one.

1  Thank Louise_1980

Thank you so very much for your comments about our hotel, our staff, and our acclaimed restaurant, The Anchorage! All very appreciated!

We are very proud of these areas, and am glad to read that you appreciated them all during the course of your stay!

We have made a number of recent improvements to our property, and look towards making many more as our new owners rebrand our unique property to become a Holiday Inn property! These renovations will build upon these above-mentioned strengths and traits!

A larger lobby with river views, an expanded ballroom, a refurbished restaurant with an expanded patio, and totally remodel guestrooms will all be included in these next few months!

If we were your new favorite hotel before?
JUST WAIT!!!!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Hotel was very accommodating . We will definitely stay there again .. Centrally located for our needs . The Restaurant Staff and Bar staff went above and beyond in service. Clean ... Very happy with our choice

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for your comments after your first visit to our hotel and our restaurant, The Anchorage!

Based on your comments about our staff, their performance, our restaurant, and our cleanliness levels....all items we pride ourselves on.....we hope that it’s also not your last visit!

See you again!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Side doors are ridiculously loud, pool was dirty, no clean towels available. No toilet paper in room for 3 people?!! Staff didn't do anything with loud guests at 1:30 am! Hilton contacted us to rectify the problem but didn't take our calls when we tried to return theirs. Seriously, don't stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments.

Our hotel and restaurant staffs combine their efforts to make the best possible setting for our overnight and dining guests. I am proud of their efforts, and continuously look for ways to improve as warranted.

I do apologize if the conduct of others was less than cordial, as well as if items were amiss during your stay. We encourage guests to immediately bring this to the attention of our applicable departments, such that we may be able to make direct corrections, alterations, and remedies right away.

While we cannot totally regulate guests' conduct, we can make sure that cleanliness and service standards are well maintained.

This said, and based on the positive comments of many other guests to our facility, we do hope this was an isolated situation, and that we can welcome you again to showcase our fine hotel and restaurant.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past few years on business, but this time I had a particular good experience. Friendly staff, clean and quiet room, Exercise equipment that is in good condition (could you more space though) Anchorage restaurant a true gem. Great seafood for Wisconsin, really good staff at both restaurant and bar. Specials all week had my colleague and I eating three breakfasts and three dinners at the restaurant.
Will definitely be back, again and again.

Room Tip: Request river view room if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pigment1

Thank you for providing your comments! And thank you also for your continued patronage of our Hotel and restaurant, The Anchorage!

Like you, we also view our restaurant as a gem, known for its location and river views as much as for its outstanding seafood. Combine that with our staff members' efforts to make our guests feel welcome, and you have the perfect setting for your lodging and dining stays.

The Anchorage also has its own Trip Advisor listing for your direct comments as well, and I'm sure that the staff would appreciate that!

We all look forward to being a part of your local hotel and dining needs!