“Hotel In Transition”

Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Pennsylvania
“Hotel In Transition”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It's difficult to truly rate this hotel becaue it is under construction and in transition from a Hilton to apparently a Holiday Inn. I stayed here for business at a client's recommendation but it was not the caliber of hotel I would typically stay in and I would not stay here again. One thing that irritated me is that most of the tv stations were unavailable and even though they advertised HBO, it was unavailable. This is a mediocre hotel at best. Perhaps once the renovations are complete it will be better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JIA-7
Shalen L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that your stay was not to your expectations. Yes, we are going through an extensive renovation which will make the property brand new from top to bottom. In regards to the cable, we did have an issue on one of the evenings and I am so sorry that it happened to be the night you stayed with us. I can assure you that the issue has been addressed and we are currently updating the cable in all the rooms. We hope that you will be back following the renovation to see the amazing transformation!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
GREENVILLE
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I would steer clear until construction complete. Location is great, staff was courteous, but hotel is in between owners ( hilton to holiday inn), so lacks any perks or flair. Room was clean & comfortable but will be so much better once renovated. I would stay again once facelift is completed.

Room Tip: River view once renovations complete, otherwise nothing special to look at.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank car0linagirl19
Shalen L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! Just to clarify, the hotel is not between owners but between brands. We have dedicated owners who are making this property into a fabulous place to stay! We completely understand the frustration during construction but truly hope you will be back with us post renovation to see the amazing transformation!!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is going through construction/transition to Holiday Inn and I hope they also replace the staff while they are replacing everything else in the building. They did not tell me after calling several times before arriving and asking that there is a $50 hold per day for incidentals....What incidentals??? There is no room service, there is no store (just a few items in the lobby), and there is construction everywhere. I was told after I checked out that we should have had free breakfast after my husband called down to ask and was told no. They told me that they would take the hold off of my card at check out right away and I called me bank let them talk to them to get it done the way my bank requires and the bank manager did it wrong (she did not talk to my bank a front desk staff did). I came back after a few hours and heard her yelling at the front desk staff after she had told them earlier that she would come back to take care of my situation and didn't. I talked to another general manager and she was just as rude basically telling me they will do nothing to help me. Mind you, my parents had paid a lot of money to have their wedding reception there and I had to tell them to turn the air on and they were over charged for the reception. Lastly, my husband went to the bathroom in a room on the first floor and there were bugs in the bathroom that he had to fight off while trying to use the bathroom. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER!!!!!!

Room Tip: River view if you choose to stay anyway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ChellyMay98
Thank you for your review and my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Holding for incidentals is a standard practice in hotels and we have signage explaining to guests not to use debit cards as the bank can sometimes be a bit difficult to get authorizations released. In regards to your parents wedding, we wish them all the best as they are a lovely couple whom we have had a great time planning with. The unfortunate side of doing any wedding is that the couple is required to give the hotel notice of how many guests so food may be ordered and the event staffed appropriately. With that being said, if only half the amount of guests show, you are still charged for the original number as the food has already been prepared. Thank you again for sharing your feedback as it will help us grow!
Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The place doesn't have the pretty views pictured, it was terribly under construction with no lobby or front entrance, a poor excuse for a business center with one very old computer, slow staff, etc. My Kindle was left in the room and never returned, and the staff were either unresponsive or rude and unapologetic about it. I booked it as a Hampton to get reward points, but they are now not owned by any hotel company (they are switching to Holiday Inn, but you can't really get rewards now). Don't stay in this cruddy hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank wonderwander0713
I apologize that your stay was not even close to your satisfaction. We are indeed in the midst of a renovation and you are correct in saying the hotel is under construction. In regards to the points, we are offering to give IHG points even though the hotel is not yet an IHG property. We do take pride in great customer service and I am truly sorry that you did not receive it. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss. I hope that you will give us another chance upon the completion of what is going to be a phenomenal transformation!
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were a bit apprehensive about staying at the hotel because of the renovations. The hotel turned out to be a great stay. Sure, many changes taking place but...staff were friendly and professional (front desk, transportation, breakfast staff and cleaning staff). The hotel is in a great location, free parking and complimentary breakfast (a surprise to us). If you can tolerate the construction, this a decent hotel. The renovations are going to make this hotel even a better place.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had no problems.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MihaSlovenia12
Shalen L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind comments! I am thrilled to hear that your stay was great despite being in our construction zone. You are correct, we are working towards an amazing product which will still offer free parking and free internet along with new food and beverage options, updated guestrooms and meeting space and a stunning new look to the entire hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I normally do not write reviews on anything, even after a bad experience but just felt I had to share. We stayed here while the hotel was under renovations. It was a construction zone that made guests very uncomfortable. The staff were very stressed and it showed. They did not answer calls to the front desk, room service or the
restaurant. They ran out of towels, blankets,coffee and refrigerators. The rooms were falling apart and in dire need of updates. We were overcharged and has to insist on our quoted price. The pool was not a clean area and my kids would not use it. Their were multiple arrests in the parking lot of the hotel and in the hotel itself during our stay. The bathrooms are microscopic and I could not even get in and shut the for without having to rub up to the toilet. I would not stay here again even after the updates.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank roadtrippi
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. You are absolutely correct in saying the hotel is in a construction zone as we are in process of a multi-million dollar renovation. I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay but can assure you that it is not our standard practice. We are working towards a brand new and amazing product that will offer multiple food and beverage outlets, new guestrooms and meeting space and an overall fresh new look! I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel post renovation and am happy to discuss any concerns you may have personally.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I did not realize the hotel was under construction, transitioning from Hilton to Holiday Inn when I checked in. Needless to stay the lobby area was a little daunting as it was actually a construction zone. However, services such as internet were available...and I appreciated the free Wi-Fi. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the Anchorage Restaurant was still serviceable. My room, while a touch dated, was very comfortable. I appreciated the free parking. I am sure all involved will be glad when the renovations are done. I enjoyed and would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KLMChicago_IL
Thank you so very much for your kind words and patience during our renovation! You are absolutely correct in your assessment as we work towards a new and magnificent product. The hotel is being completely redone and it will be stunning, offering multiple food and beverage options, brand new guestrooms, meeting space and an overall fresh updated look throughout. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!