Hilton Milwaukee City Center
US$191
US$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$229
US$226
US$197
  • Pool
2,307 results
All reviewsmiller time pubchop houselower lobbymonarch loungethe executive loungegrand old hotelbeautiful hotelcorner roombeautiful lobbyparking garageold world charmper dayenjoyed my stayking roombed was very comfortablethe room was nicebradley center
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Elegant, old style grand lobby, but everything at the hotel is modernized. Rooms are nicely furnished, with amenities (coffee maker, iron, and enough outlets for computer and phone charger). Bellmen are some of the friendliest and most efficient that I've seen. All staff were personable and noticeably dedicated to making every guest's stay a good one. Reasonably priced for a hotel of this type. Only negative: the elevators are very slow. A regular business traveler who loves the hotel told me that he requests rooms on floors 7 through 9, so that he can walk down in the morning and not be late for meetings.

Room Tip: Lower floors if you want to avoid elevator problems; but better views in higher level rooms.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stay at the hotel 2 to 4 times a year depending upon my husband's race schedule. Our daughter enjoys the water park and I like the "old world charm" of the hotel. On our previous visit, we had a housekeeping issue. It bothered me enough to contact management - which I have never done before. I truly didn't expect a response back as I figured that it was a large corporate hotel, and they wouldn't miss a small client like myself. How wrong I was! I quickly received a response from Jason Ruck and he assured me that the room would be taken care of for future guests (which is what I had requested). He also encouraged us to return and to let him know when we did so. Well, we were back this past weekend and Jason went above and beyond on all levels to let us know that we had been heard and respected. Our room was beautiful and we truly appreciated that special effort was made to enhance our experience in a number of different ways. Jason even called our room after we arrived to make sure all was well - come on! I have stayed at 5 star hotels and the way we were treated this past weekend matched those experiences. The Hilton is lucky to have people like Jason working for them and we look forward to our next visit in the Spring.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was our second trip here on pleasure, stayed over a weekend 2 nights. As a gold member, we were upgraded to a King superior room. Let me just say, first of all, that the hotel is beautiful. It calls back to the early 1900's in architecture, but the outside is misleading because the inside is one of the most beautiful, historic hotels I've ever seem. It is simply amazing. And the rooms are tastefully decorated in the usual Hilton style.

Ate at the Miller Time pub, and the beer selection was outstanding as well, and the food very good.

Customer service everywhere was also outstanding.

If I am ever traveling to Milwaukee, I will stay here again, hands down.

Room Tip: Be a gold member and ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was attending a convention at the Iron Horse Hotel and had a very tight schedule, so I didn't get to check into my room until 11:00 PM. I called ahead and the staff was very nice, understanding and handling my late check-in. When I got to the hotel, the check-in process was fast, friendly and I was on my way up the elevator. My room was a Superior King and the room was large, newly remodeled, clean with a new TV, coffee maker, it just was very pleasant with a great view of the City from the 13th floor. I had a tough day, so it was nice to relax in this very nice room. As others have written, the bathroom is small, in fact it's very tight, the door hits the tub, too bad they didn't use pocket doors instead, but maybe that would have been too expensive to do. The hair dryer was in a bag in the closet as you walk in, simply because there is no space for it anywhere in this bathroom. Other than that though, I would stay here again if it was my husband and I. If it was with girlfriends, it would be hard to get ready in the morning, there's no mirrors anywhere else in the room to put on makeup.

Room Tip: The hairdryers are in a bag in the closet. It took awhile to locate it. Nice touch, they give you a morning paper. The coffee makers are small, but do the trick.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Hi bjtours,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It's always a pleasure hearing about guests who enjoyed their time here at the Hilton. We're happy that our service was exemplary and more than pleased to read that you enjoyed the room amenities. As you indeed noted, bathrooms in some of our rooms are smaller than average - again we're happy to know that this didn't impede you from enjoying your stay.

Thanks again for staying at the Hilton and we're eager to host you again!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center and was very impressed, overall, with the hotel. All of the employees are super helpful and very friendly - every one I passed made an effort to say hello and ask how I was doing. Check in was a breeze and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to check in early. The room was nice, clean, and the beds were very comfy. The front desk and bell stand employees were extremely helpful in suggesting restaurant and sightseeing venues. As a young woman travelling alone, I felt safe at all times during my stay. The hotel served as the venue for the conference I was attending and I can therefore comment on the banquet and conference facilities as well which were BEAUTIFUL! The location is great - was able to walk to the lake and river, check out the market, and there were great restaurants/shopping/other attractions nearby. I was only there during the week, so I can't speak to the water park aspect except that I wish it was open during the week!

Just a few reasons I'm not giving this property five stars: In the closet in my room, there was an exposed electrical box with exposed wires which quite simply shouldn't have been left like that. I certainly didn't lose any sleep over it but based on reviews I've seen from others, it's definitely something I could see someone else complaining about in much greater detail. Secondly, when I called from my room to request a late check out, I was told they could not accommodate...fair enough. However, when a colleague asked at the desk and was granted the late check out, I was frustrated. While after a trip to the desk I was able to get it without a problem, I don't feel like I should have had to ask multiple times.

Hi hokiemagoo,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for the Hilton Milwaukee City Center on TripAdvisor, we really do appreciate hearing feedback of all sorts. I love hearing when people recognize how great our location is in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. Milwaukee is such a fantastic place to experience - and I'm happy to hear that you were able to do so at least a bit.

Thank you for informing us re: the electrical wires in your closet & our apologies for the confusion and any associate hassle regarding a late checkout - I'm glad to hear that it wasn't an issue in the long run, though.

Again, we were happy to have you during the duration of your conference, and hope that should you decide to explore our great city in the near future, that we'll have privledge to have you stay with us again.

Thanks again!