“Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Champlin, Minnesota
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Three of my children and I stayed at this hotel, and we were extremely impressed. We felt like we were staying in the Titanic. You could feel the history of this gorgeous hotel and we kept taking pictures of everything. The ornate details are everywhere. And the beds. I can NEVER sleep at hotels, no matter how comfortable they claim to be. I slept here. All night. I am considering calling and asking them if I can buy a mattress from them. My children felt the same way. The room was not huge, but it was decorated tastefully and had everything we needed in it. The large soaker tub was a lovely surprise as well. We are planning another trip to Milwaukee just so we can stay at this hotel again. I very highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay while in Milwaukee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tonnaree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Korean first
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is an old building that was converted to a hotel. 25 floors. The hotel itself is very beautiful and big. Nice restaurant for breakfast, and the food was very very good. Hotel bar was fun too. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Had a king room. The room was very clean, but small. Bathroom was extremely small! Would have been nice to have had some bottled water supplied in the room. All in all, it was a good stay. Not great, but good. Not sure I would stay here again, I might as there isn't a huge selection if you want to stay downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
David W, Rooms Director at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hello Iagipp!
Thank you for the review and remarks about our beautiful hotel. We too take great pride in the Art Deco appearance of the grand lobby and the unique character that it offers. We look forward to having you as our guest again one day.
Regards,
David Woodward
Dayton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had an excellent stay in Sept 2012... Returned to Milwaukee for a business trip and received the same excellent service. The facility is a first class establishment and the staff are an added bonus. Check In & Checking Out were fast & easy with no surprises on the bill.

1 Thank Marvin D
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This is ok but there doesn't seem to be much choice in Milwaukee. For a chain hotel it is ok if you like Hiltons. I don't really. The rooms are tired and dark, the reception is a but grubby. The concierge is not particularly experienced in the area. Generally this is somewhere to stay because you have to. Not because you want to.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CAES12
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hi CAES12,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt disappointed with your experience staying with us while in Milwaukee. Our property was built in 1927, but we have worked diligently to keep it up to and surpassing the standards of experiences our guests expect for today. I'd love to hear more details regarding what led you to describe our reception area as grubby and other reasons why your experience wasn't up to par.

Feel free to email me directly at dustinzick[at]hiltonmilwaukee.com.

Thanks,

Dustin
Manitowoc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

The purpose of my stay was as an exhibitor for a conference. I spent the previous night. The staff helped me not only retrieve the items I needed from my vehicle for the exhibit but delivered them right where I needed them. They also offered to bring me lunch right to my table so I would not have to leave. I was then again helped with brining items from the conference floor back to my vehicle and given a bottle of water for the ride home. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful! Great value for a beautiful hotel.

1 Thank Jill M
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a very large hotel but it is impressively comfortable and cozy considering how big it is. The rooms are smallish. We had a nice room on the 22nd floor that had views of the lake and it was very nice. The price for the room was rather nice as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Madison, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I ran a conference at this hotel. The catering & sales management team always does a wonderful job. This was my 6th event that I held and ran at the Hilton City Center. The staff are friendly and helpful. They are always smiling. The room I stayed in was perfect - clean and comfortable. For the conference, the staff was kind and ensured our attendees had their meal choices. I always use this location for any business in Milwaukee due to the quality service provided. They are also at a great location for guest of my conference to go and explore the downtown area of Milwaukee to try the different restaurants and entertainment offered so they never feel trapped on property.

1 Thank Mary R