Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Milwaukee)
View Hotel
All reviewshighway sidelovers lanefront deskcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast staffroom was cleancomfortable staybusiness tripfresh fruitfitness centermaintenancerefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a bad first impression with a strip joint across the way. The hotel itself was rather cramped in the lobby, the room itself, and the breakfast area. The breakfast area really is poorly sized to accommodate the number of guests in the hotel. Also, a floor mat outside the pool area in front of the elevators would probably be a good idea as the floor was always wet and quite slick. The bed was probably the worst quality of any Hampton I've ever stayed in. I'd be hard pressed to recommend this location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adam D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We appreciate your feedback of your recent stay with us and regret you did not have an exceptional stay. The safety and comfort of our guests is a top priority and we will be taking your feedback into consideration to ensure we're always providing the best accommodations. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stay at Hampton because I generally can count on the quality. This hotel should not be permitted to have the Hampton brand.
I was first struck by the lack of housekeeping & maintenance. Garbage all over the floors & the elevators; wall corner guards on the floor. The pool area was a pig sty. I realize sometimes this is a result of who is staying at the hotel, so I checked in anyway. Big mistake.
We checked into a 2 bed room. 3rd floor hallways were unusually warm. Our room was also warm (not unusual upon check-in), so I tried to turn A/C on. Nothing. Tried a few times-nothing. After calling front desk, we did manage to get it to turn on, but it turned off almost immediately. I was also surprised there was no fridge/microwave (usually a staple @ Hampton Inns), so I went to get ice. The machine in the 3rd floor was not working - in fact, almost the entire front was off the machine. You could tell it had been this way for a while. Asked to change rooms - no 2 bed rooms avail. Marcus, the only bright light in this hotel, really tried his best, and continued to try while I tried to find a different hotel. Oh, forgot, not only could I not get Wi - Fi to work in the room, I couldn't get any cell service, so I had to go downstairs in the lobby to even use my phone. Marcus somehow managed a king bed with a fold out couch. I thought our problems were over.
I've slept on fold - out couches. This was the worst "bed", & I use that term loosely, I have ever used. You could feel every rod/spring - it was like sleeping on a pile of large boulders. ?Sleeping- that really never happened, so I went to use the hot tub at 6 am when it opened. The pool area was a disaster - no clean towels. Of course, hot tub won't turn on. I thought perhaps they needed to turn something on, so I went to the front desk. Nope, not working. I try to only get hotels with a hot tub - after 10hrs of driving, that is what I need. No such luck.
REALLY should have paid attention to the poor reviews - but this is the first real nightmare experience that I have had with a Hampton Inn, so I thought they were just hard to please/complainers. NOT. STAY AWAY.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I would first and foremost like to let you know how much we appreciate you staying with us, and thank you for your business! Without quality feedback from valued guests like yourself, we would be unable to grow and improve our overall service in the future! I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to address this with my team, and use it as training and coaching moment. I hope you’ll give us the opportunity to serve you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is actually Very Good to Average. My husband and I have stayed at Hampton Inns frequently, but when I first checked in I felt that this one was a little on the seedy side. After a few days, i felt comfortable there. The staff are very friendly and there is a security guard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your 4 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a better rating. Clearly there has been a renovation recently, so the rooms are clean, the furniture is new, and the room I was in definitely met what I would consider the standard for a Hampton Inn.

Unfortunately, the hotel suffers dramatically because of its location. Right across the street from the hotel is one of the busiest strip clubs in Milwaukee. That, in and of itself, is not a problem for me. The problem is that it appears every douche bag with a souped-up Harley in the greater Milwaukee area goes this strip club, and they all seem to think they are part a contest to show off who's exhaust pipes are the loudest. Fueled by a combination of topless women and liquor, these idiots drive up and down the street outside the hotel, revving their engines until their pipes growl in the 60-80 db range, blasting right into the hotel rooms. This remarkable display of immature and inconsiderate behavior on the part of the strip club customers makes it nearly impossible to get any sleep until the bar closes. The noise was so loud that my SO heard it over my cell while I was in my room and she asked why I was staying so close to the airport. For a point of reference, the Milwaukee airport is about 20 miles away...

If this hotel were located in a different neighborhood, I would have no problem giving it four stars. The hotel staff is remarkably friendly, the breakfast was excellent, and the room that I was in certainly met the Hampton Inn standard. Unfortunately, the childish behavior of the strip club customers across the street makes this one hotel I will probably not visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing our great staff!! It's all due to them that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service.We sincerely regret the disturbance. Our location across from the dealership can mean extra activity on Wednesday evenings, as much as we try to contain it. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter, east-facing rooms upon request.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed for a week on business travel. The late Sunday night checkin was friendly and efficient. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff very helpful and accommodating. Maid service was very good too. The only one detraction was the high school basketball team staying the the adjoining rooms being loud late at night. Despite that i will stay here when i return and would recommend for others visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your 4 star review of our hotel! Regarding the noisy neighbors next time please let the front desk know and we will address the issue immediately. It is always our goal to provide a great experience to our guests, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.