“Wedding block”

Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #32 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We held our daughter's wedding in Wisconsin last weekend and this hotel was one of the hotels we used to accommodate 130 out of town guests. Everything about the hotel was wonderful. The rooms were spacious and clean, the hotel did a great job of accommodating requests for rooms next to each other with extended families, the service was excellent. They handled gift bag distribution to our specifications, gave us space to assemble the bags, and provided overnight storage. They also helped us set up shuttle transport to the ceremony and from the reception. The Saturday morning breakfast for our guests was attended by more than we anticipated and the Courtyard handled it with no hassle. I would definitely recommend this hotel not only for its location to many things in the 3rd ward, but for its service and great accommodations .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

I am so glad to hear that the service provided by the hotel was great from the start of the event until the end. Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate your business. We look forward to having you stay again if you are back in Milwaukee!!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked this hotel for our major room block for a wedding. We not only booked rooms, we also held a breakfast for our out of town guests. The hotel was terrific. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and accommodating. The valet/bell staff was pleasant, efficient and proactive to help all our guests. We exceeded our room block and our breakfast numbers. The staff in the hotel, was eager to jump in and help wherever it was required. Our Event Planner was in the kitchen helping the chef during our breakfast. They were overwhelmed by the number who attended. There was no notable glitch in any of the services. Check in was smooth and the staff had to pass out welcome bags as well. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Keep in mind it is not designed to be a full service hotel, but can certainly function as one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side face Michigan Ave in Milwaukee, but there is a park across the street and on...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your block in the hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and the breakfast delivered by the restaurant. We do try to help out where ever possible to make it as smooth as possible for our guests. It is always nice to hear that your event was great. I will share you comments with my team. Thank you again and hopefully we can host another group in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

First off I'm a Marriott member and stay at a lot of Marriott's both for work and pleasure, I try to remain unbiased.

This hotel has a great location and the Valet parking is quite reasonable.

I and a co-worker were visiting Milwaukee for both business and pleasure. I was trying to convince my colleague of the benefits of membership with Marriott. We stayed two nights.

The room had not been cleaned adequately. We didn't make a fuss, but left a four dollar tip the next morning and requested that the room be cleaned.

When we returned there was still a bottle lid on the floor from the previous guests. Our garbage had not been emptied and only half of the towels had been replaced. We looked around the hotel and found that the hotel just is not clean enough.

I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Hopefully find a clean one.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly before or during your stay. Please contact me directly so I can get more information to have this corrected with my housekeeping staff. Thank you for your time and for your feedback. I do hope you will contact me and will try us out again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very nice downtown Milwaukee hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff. Valet parking was very timely and friendly. Room was clean and bed was very soft. Got a better price as we were with a wedding group.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my team and the valet staff. I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown for two nights this past weekend and it was great. Valet and check-in were very speedy and courteous. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews on here about the view from the rooms, but we lucked out and our room faced Michigan Ave. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. We definitely didn't have any complaints about the noise level, but we were on the fourth floor and I used to live in Milwaukee so I'm pretty used to the noise. This hotel also is at a prime location. Although the Grand Avenue Mall isn't what it used to be, there is a small food court, a Walgreens, and some department stores for any last minute items you need to pick up. Only cons: Had some issue connecting the the wi-fi when we first arrived, but was able to connect later during our stay. Would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Not sure if you can, but request room facing Michigan Ave (has nice view of the park). Valet your c...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you had a great experience. Sorry that you had a challenge connecting to the internet early in your stay. I am glad you enjoy the location as well. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked adjoining rooms at this hotel so that our kids could have their own room. The hotel was very accommodating honoring our request. Once we arrived, we were greeted with the kindest reception professionals and the lobby was beautiful. The design is modern, including a tastefully finished lobby, sitting area and bar. The rooms were equally fresh with their design and they were very clean! It's in walking distance to many of Milwaukee's downtown attractions. I highly recommend this place -- especially for families who appreciate adjoining rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am glad you enjoyed the adjoining rooms along with the newly remodeled guest rooms. I am glad you enjoyed Milwaukee and our location to the many activities. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Here are my cons:
- wireless internet is very poor in the rooms (Ihave stayed here 3 times in the last month and everytime was the same poor service)
- getting to the garage from the hotel is a pain (when I have breakfast in my hands, its hard to get through all the key locked doors to the garage. It isn't even protecting the garage having these key card access doors as anyone can walk/park in the garage)
- the room views are quite poor (nothing the hotel can do about this though)
- the TVs in the room are smaller than normal and are low to the ground

Here are my pros:
- good value for the location (short walk to where you want to go)
- rooms are spacious
- hotel associates are very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Rooms facing South have a better view outside
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to complete feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that the internet was poor on your visits. If you can advise me on what exactly you were experiencing, that would help me work with support to see what might be corrected. I do understand that parking can be a little challenging. We do have the doors unlocked if we have meetings during the day, however, they are locked outside of that happening. I am glad you liked the room, service and the location. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will visit us again if you continue to be in Milwaukee.