“Great location, room and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown

Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #36 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Great location, room and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This hotel was a great location for taking a walk-about. Close to the river and lake. We probably walked about 1.5 square mile radius. Hotel room was clean and staff at front desk were always willing to help with directions. I would stay here again and recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Hotel restaurant was nice and had a good selection of local brews.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
It is great to hear that you liked the location and the service provided from the staff. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel was one of the best I've stayed in...I generally stay at Courtyards when I travel for work. It was spacious, new or recently updated, clean, friendly service, large room and centrally located to all attractions. The only downside is parking, but we valet parked for only a couple dollars more. The Valet was really nice and helpful with directions. The lobby and eating area was really large and food service at their Bistro was good.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the renovated rooms and the service provided. The easiest option for parking is Valet, however, the self parking option once you check into the hotel is an option. Thank you again for your feedback. I will share this with my team. We hope to have you back again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We held our daughter's wedding in Wisconsin last weekend and this hotel was one of the hotels we used to accommodate 130 out of town guests. Everything about the hotel was wonderful. The rooms were spacious and clean, the hotel did a great job of accommodating requests for rooms next to each other with extended families, the service was excellent. They handled gift bag distribution to our specifications, gave us space to assemble the bags, and provided overnight storage. They also helped us set up shuttle transport to the ceremony and from the reception. The Saturday morning breakfast for our guests was attended by more than we anticipated and the Courtyard handled it with no hassle. I would definitely recommend this hotel not only for its location to many things in the 3rd ward, but for its service and great accommodations .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad to hear that the service provided by the hotel was great from the start of the event until the end. Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate your business. We look forward to having you stay again if you are back in Milwaukee!!
Arlington Heights, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked this hotel for our major room block for a wedding. We not only booked rooms, we also held a breakfast for our out of town guests. The hotel was terrific. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and accommodating. The valet/bell staff was pleasant, efficient and proactive to help all our guests. We exceeded our room block and our breakfast numbers. The staff in the hotel, was eager to jump in and help wherever it was required. Our Event Planner was in the kitchen helping the chef during our breakfast. They were overwhelmed by the number who attended. There was no notable glitch in any of the services. Check in was smooth and the staff had to pass out welcome bags as well. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Keep in mind it is not designed to be a full service hotel, but can certainly function as one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side face Michigan Ave in Milwaukee, but there is a park across the street and on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your block in the hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and the breakfast delivered by the restaurant. We do try to help out where ever possible to make it as smooth as possible for our guests. It is always nice to hear that your event was great. I will share you comments with my team. Thank you again and hopefully we can host another group in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

First off I'm a Marriott member and stay at a lot of Marriott's both for work and pleasure, I try to remain unbiased.

This hotel has a great location and the Valet parking is quite reasonable.

I and a co-worker were visiting Milwaukee for both business and pleasure. I was trying to convince my colleague of the benefits of membership with Marriott. We stayed two nights.

The room had not been cleaned adequately. We didn't make a fuss, but left a four dollar tip the next morning and requested that the room be cleaned.

When we returned there was still a bottle lid on the floor from the previous guests. Our garbage had not been emptied and only half of the towels had been replaced. We looked around the hotel and found that the hotel just is not clean enough.

I won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Hopefully find a clean one.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly before or during your stay. Please contact me directly so I can get more information to have this corrected with my housekeeping staff. Thank you for your time and for your feedback. I do hope you will contact me and will try us out again in the future.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very nice downtown Milwaukee hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff. Valet parking was very timely and friendly. Room was clean and bed was very soft. Got a better price as we were with a wedding group.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my team and the valet staff. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown for two nights this past weekend and it was great. Valet and check-in were very speedy and courteous. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews on here about the view from the rooms, but we lucked out and our room faced Michigan Ave. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. We definitely didn't have any complaints about the noise level, but we were on the fourth floor and I used to live in Milwaukee so I'm pretty used to the noise. This hotel also is at a prime location. Although the Grand Avenue Mall isn't what it used to be, there is a small food court, a Walgreens, and some department stores for any last minute items you need to pick up. Only cons: Had some issue connecting the the wi-fi when we first arrived, but was able to connect later during our stay. Would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Not sure if you can, but request room facing Michigan Ave (has nice view of the park). Valet your c...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you had a great experience. Sorry that you had a challenge connecting to the internet early in your stay. I am glad you enjoy the location as well. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay again in the future.