The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel
Ranked #50 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I chose this for it's location, as I had to swap out my rental car at the airport.

Everything about it was average.

There's no elevator and had to schlepp my bags up to the second floor and they gave me a room that wasn't cleaned.

Finally got a clean one and the room was scruffy. I spent the least amount of time in it as possible.

There is free onsite parking and wifi, but the breakfast was laughable.

The front desk service was disdainful and they couldn't have cared less.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ThePackedBag
EconoLodgeMilwaukee, Guest Relations Manager at The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We value your opinion and business. Thank you!
appleton wi
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I took this off a park sleep and fly, I was traveling solo to visit my son and asked for a upstairs room because I was a little frighten as a women to be on a first floor room alone! Well not only was I given a first floor room I was given one next to an exterior door with the lock drilled out so anyone could enter! I was extremely tired from traveling so I hit the hay early and at 11:30 was woken up to people pounding on my door! There was only a dead boldt no other safety device so I threw all my luggage in front of the door and called the front desk! After several attempts for an answer he said he would review the tapes! I finally fell back a sleep only to wake up to use the bathroom that was loaded with ants Yikes in the middle of winter! I went to the front desk after taking a picture with my phone and he handed me a can of raid! Really?? It had a smidge in it but did kill the ants! I waited for the owner to show up and spoke to him about giving me my night free! His comment was " it's inly ants" mine was " I don't care if it's lady bugs I didn't sign up for optional guests" I then told him with the lack of security I didn't feel safe leaving my car and demanded a refund I would rather pay airport parking !! At that time there was a contractor checking out as we walked the hall together he told me the 2 weeks he had been there he saw roaches, rats among other creatures! I immediately called Milwaukee health they came over! Not sure what happened after that but I can assure you this hotel is a disaster! I also phoned choice hotels corporate offices and told them this franchise was ruining their reputation as well' ! It is not fit for humans pay the extra 10.00 and stay elsewhere

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
We hope you will choose our Hotel again.
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here since we were flying out in the morning. It is used as Park and Fly and that is exactly what is was. The front desk man was helpful and friendly and he got us into our room very quick. The room was clean enough and bed sheets were Ok, bathroom-clean, space was good, and then we started to get ready for bed. There was alot of talking outside our door, but we thought that would die down as it got closer to midnight. But to our chagrin, it did not quite down. We seemed to just get use to the talking and finally fell asleep, when around 3:00am, doors starting slamming and people started yelling down the hall at each other. It continued for about a hour and a half. Thus....Park and Fly. I'm just not sure why the front desk man didn't tell these people that there are others in the motel sleeping. Aaarrrrg!
Needless to say, I think we finally got to sleep around 4:00, only to get up at 6:00am to take the shuttle at 7:00am to the airport. The Shuttle worked well and fast, but we missed out on the sleep part of the experience.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the front desk...maybe that was the problem. Except that the loud talking wa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It is so nice to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable with the clean and comfy bed rooms we have. It sounds perfect that the location worked best for you, the parking lot was an advantage.. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Thank you!
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed one night and used the parking for our three week trip to Hawaii. Room was fine and the front desk person was great. It was a good value for us since the flight was cheaper than Dane county airport and the parking was basically free (small, very reasonable fee for parking over 2 weeks.) so no paying for airport parking. Would definitely use it again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Slip213
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It sounds perfect that the location worked best for you. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Quality Inn
Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
#46 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!