“Fun to Try”

MATC Cuisine Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
MATC Cuisine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #370 of 1,578 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: International
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Three of us visited Cuisine today. We really looked forward to trying their gourmet food at a budget price. The bill for our meal was $52. It was probably too high for the quality of the food. All 3 of us rated it the same, a 3. We all had the Grilled Hanger Steak with bordelaise sauce, root vegetable gratin, and what was supposed to be asperagus saute. If that was asperagus, it sure looked like zucchini to me. The vegetable gratin was unique and quite good. The sauce for the steak was good, but the steak was overcooked. We all ordered medium. One of our steaks was well done and slightly burnt. The other two were at least medium well. The overall flavor of the meal was fine, but nothing spectacular.

I started with shrimp bisque. It was just ok and sort of reminded me of water the shrimp was boiled in with cream on top. The other two had salads which was probably the best part of the meal with a good balsamic dressing. The salad was simple spring greens, nuts, dried cranberries, and an orange slice. This would be simple to make at home, and therefore not what I would expect of a gourmet restaurant, but again, it tasted quite good.

We skipped the dessert and went elsewhere. The wait staff tried, but were rather disorganized. We had 2 different waitresses say they were our waitress and try to take our order. Then, I had the young lad top off my sparkling water with their water bottle of very chlorinated water, ruining it.

It was fun to try, and if you haven't, you might want to as you never know how good it might be. But, we won't be back.