“AN OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE AT THE IRON HORSE, SMYTH RESTURANT”

Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,527 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$9 - US$55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Walker's Point
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: The quintessential experience in Rustic-American cuisine. From individual dining to groups of all sizes - lose yourself in the comfort of the finely appointed dining room, the warm and friendly service, and the beautiful Iron Horse Hotel.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“AN OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE AT THE IRON HORSE, SMYTH RESTURANT”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A friend of mine was in town and I decided to try SMYTH. I had eaten there some years ago and I heard a few friends mention that the food and service were really great. And they were right! My friend owns a resturant and manages others, so his judgment in regard to our shared experience was a great confirmation of my own. SMYTH is outstanding. It was one of the best meals I have had in Milwaukee. I had bone in rye eye and he has venison. We both has the Kale salad. The food was execeptional and our waitress, Jennifer and our hostess, Jasmine was first class. I am really impressed and my friend was thoroughly pleased with where I choose to take him to dinner

• Visited April 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fabulous hip hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Could have been in Chelsea are of NYC . Hip atmosphere. Great fabulous large loft style rooms. Great vibe in the bar and throughout the hotel! Absolutely loved staying there! Will definitely be back!

1 Thank Richard S
Jason C, Manager at Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014

Cheers

World Traveller in UK
“Ate for breakfast”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Classic, solid US breakfast and coffee. Friendly staff, reasonable prices. Liked the simple menu, would have loved to eat for dinner but no time.

Visited March 2014
Jason C, Director of Food and Beverage at Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear SeekingLocalFood

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry you couldn’t stay for dinner but this just gives you another reason to come back. If I can ever be of any service please reach out to me at jcotton@theironhorsehotel.com. See you soon!

Geneva, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Food was amazing, excellent wine list... Staff very knowledgable and helpful... No need to go anywhere else for dinner if your staying at The Iron Horse

Dear Debbies087

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. Very happy to hear your time with us was a great one. We look forward to having you back soon. If I can assist you in any way please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at jcotton@theironhorsehotel.com.

Cheers

Akron, OH
“great food and service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel restaurants are not typically my first choice when considering where to dine out. However, we arrived in Milwaukee on a Friday evening and were staying at the Ironhorse Hotel and wanted to keep it simple. We ended up having a fabulous meal and enjoyed great service. Our waiter made great recommendations for both beer and mixed drinks. Entrees were excellent and creative. The ambiance of the restaurant, like the hotel itself, is refurbished industrial with interesting lighting and artwork.

Visited March 2014
Jason C, Director of Food and Beverage at Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Akron,

Thanks for sharing your review with everyone. It is always a pleasure to hear comments about our food and beverage programs not falling into the same "tired hotel restaurants" as many hotel restaurants do. Our menus, intuitive service model, and people all believe and work every day for this. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us and the world and hope to see you back soon.

If I can be of any service to you during your next visit please don't hesitate to contact me directly at jcotton@theironhorsehotel.com