Mi-key's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi-key's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #882 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wells
Description: We're now open for lunch and dinner every Wednesday through Sunday and serving up fresh burgers, sandwiches and daily drink specials. Our menu showcases top quality beef and pork straight from Mikey's own Hidden Creek Farm in New London, WI. The cattle and pigs are grassfed, never fed antibiotics or hormones, and always raised humanely. So when you see "HCF" on our menu, it means you're getting the good stuff!
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We were a party of 9 for a birthday dinner. We had a 6:30 reservation, and there was only 1 other table seated and just a few stragglers at the bar. Atmosphere did not have a lot of energy. Service was pleasant enough, both at the bar area for a drink and wait staff. The nacho appetizers were made with very little care. Less than half the chips had any sort of topping. I tasted my husband's broccoli cheese soup and it was bland. I had the fish fry and it was soggy, the potato pancakes were burned, and the fish was "fishy". I ate less than half of my meal.

From being at Mi-Key's before, my feeling on it is it's a good place for a drink later in the evening during a night out on the town, but nothing special for a meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We thought we try the Surg Group's "Mi-key's" on Jefferson, just north of Wells overlooking Cathedral Park. Our reserved table was waiting for us and our server was courteous and attentive the whole night. The decor was kind industrial/electric/metal and just a bit dark. There was a reasonably diverse wine list, and there were some interesting shots on the drink menu as well as some huge (32 oz.), tasty sounding punches served in what look to be canning jars. As we were headed to the theater later, I didn't think one of those gargantuan potions would work well for me, but maybe another time?
This is a combo bar/restaurant so the menu is a bit limited, but there's lots of good stuff on it to try. We had deep fried dill pickle slices for the first time ever, and they were quite good. The "Reuben" soup was also quite interesting and remakably flavorful in a cream sauce of all things. Loved my onion soup, although it was a bit sweeter than I'm used to. Our main courses were macaroni with melted cheese curds, and a very thick corned beef sandwich on marbled bread. Excellent. For me though, the hero of the night was the serving of "thin fries" I had with my sandwich. It has been many, many a moon since I've had fries done as well as these. This may seem absurd, but the fries alone are worth a visit to Mi-Key's for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Located in Cathedral Square in downtown Milwaukee, Mikey's is a trendy bar and restaurant - but more of a bar. Our reservation through OpenTable was ready and waiting for us. Our server immediately greeted us and very friendly. Throughout the entire time from start to finish our server was excellent - trying very hard to make sure our experience as the best. We were a group of 6 - a monthly dinner group and we pick different places to try and then rerun those selections too. We had a varied selection of entrees and each one was excellent. Meat loaf was good. Salmon was good. Pork chops were good. Tilapia was good. The sides offered were fresh and good. There was great consistency in food preparation. Oh and we had desert which was excellent. They have a dutch apple pie that is to die for. But and this is the only but - this place is mainly a bar scene and there are a couple of large screen tv's. Why is it that when a place puts a couple of tv's on the wall that they think they should then play bad music LOUDLY? Why wouldn't you match your music - type and volume - to your current mix of guests? We liked the service and the food.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Dined here for our anniversary dinner - seated at a table with a view of the Square. Good selection of beer and wine. Had the braised shoulder and the filet. Shoulder was excellent, filet was ordered medium, came out well - was recooked as ordered with no fuss. Sides were outstanding. Dessert (pie) was good, but not great. Service was prompt & attentive - kudos to our server!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I had a gift card for Surg Restaurant group and this was one of the restaurants to choose from. We decided to go downtown to celebrate on a Tuesday night for our third anniversary and a start to a great vacation a head. We were the only ones there the whole time! The atmosphere is very contemporary and comfortable and clean. We ordered drinks, however, they were taking a while to come out. The waiter came over to apologize and stated that the bartender was not there and he would be happy to make a simple drink or wine for us on the house. We thought the was such a wonderful gesture while we waited for our more specialty drinks. We went here for appetizers only. We had the stuffed mushrooms and Cathedral spring rolls. Both excellent. Great service, excellent appetizers and great drinks. We will be going back soon.