“Fun night out!”
Review of ComedySportz

ComedySportz
Ranked #6 of 137 Nightlife in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: ComedySportz is an all ages improve comedy Show. Audiences suggest topics and our talented teams of comedians make funny scenes up right on the spot! We have food, drinks, and shows every weekend. Kidz shows, Birthday Parties, Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, barmitzvahs, etc are perfect for ComedySportz!
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I love comedy, but I admit I always imagined ComedySportz to be just cheesy and slapsticky, which is exactly the opposite kind of humor that I like. Not to mention, this nondescript building I drive by every single day before work looked dull and boring. Wow, I could not have been more wrong on both accounts. I had no idea you could order food when you get there and the main bar is HUGE! Everything is very decently priced. The waitress was slower than I would have liked during the show, but there was also a large audience. On to the show: It was hilarious! Not only that, all the shows are family-friendly, except if you attend the late-night one (which I believe is at midnight.) They keep the skits fresh and encourage audience participation, which was really enjoyable. I really look forward to going back.

Just a couple of minor complaints: First, the PA system they use for music, sound effects and the DJ calling out performers' names is absolutely horrendous. Ear-piercing, to be exact. It sounds like he's swallowing the mic and then it's incredibly loud to boot. Please, please, please replace this. Secondly - and I don't know if this is a regular occurrence or just something that happened during the show I saw - there was a band playing in the other half of the building that was completely disruptive to the show. I actually first thought the doors to our room were open but they weren't. Luckily this band did not start until the show was nearly over, so it did not ruin the entire experience.

1  Thank HappyTraveler3434

Reviewed 7 January 2014

You do not always think about comedy clubs and kids fitting together. But this club was a great place for our family outing. The event was clean both the comedy and the club. I would recommend for a family.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

ComedySportz started here in Milwaukee in 1984. I am so proud to take guests here when they visit. We laugh so hard that our faces hurt! And I can take everyone ... children to elders. My teenage niece from California volunteered to participate ... she has done this on more than one visit. I've gone with people from work, and with family. I even saw someone do a surprise marriage proposal during a show. Always different, always fun. No swearing unless you go to the midnight show. Cost is so reasonable, and there is food & drink there too if you want to eat or drink before, after, or during the performance.
I would, and have recommended it to many, and never tire of going! So if you are in Milwaukee, look them up if you want to laugh.

1  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Live improv done right! When I lived in Milwaukee, we used to go to ComedySportz a couple times a month. It's more likely to be an entertaining evening than risking a disappointing movie experience. They have appetizers and heartier food for sale in the seats and at the bar. They always do at least one game that asks for some kind of audience participation!