“One night stay, no reservation.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee

Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Rockford, Illinois
“One night stay, no reservation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Venky, the night manager, took care that my wife and I had a good room and let me check it out ahead of time. I don't book ahead because of allergies that make it preferable to inspect the room first, so we had actually just showed up at like 7:00pm. I explained my problems with some hotel rooms being over-powered with heavily scented cleaners and he let me visit the room before taking it. I rejected the first room (I don't know what the offensive scent was but I didn't have to explain.) Venky let me check on another room and it was perfect. It's too bad I have a sensitive nose, but it was great to have an inn keeper that understood. The beds were great, the bathroom spacious, and other amenities were well above average for the price-point. Thanks, Days Inn.

Room Tip: Some rooms are at ground level facing an alley, but as long as you're not wanting a view it won...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
krat123
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Bad: There were three of us who shared a suite. We called to book the room and were given a price of $120 a night. We stated the online booking price was $85, but they stuck to $120. We said we would check and call back if we wanted it. We booked it online for $85 a night. Something wrong here. I slept on the fold out and let my family have the bedroom. The fold out was like sleeping on a prison cot, it was terrible. I got some comfortors from the front desk and it was ok. The room was decent, needed some new paint. There was no soap holder in the shower. We only had one wash cloth, no soap and not enough towels. The housekeeper was terrible about leaving enough linens. Every day we had to request more linens. We complained everytime and nothing was corrected. The parking lot was very small, it did not match the description on the website that said there was parking for motorcycles, RV's ect. Once a big party left, I found enough room to park our trailer and bikes. Their suggestion for my $30k dollars of motorcycles and trailer was to park on the street. Not hardly. It is in a kind of a shady area. Lots of strange people milling around the parking area and adjacent houses. School must have been out one day, because employees children were allowed to hangout in the guest breakfast area.

The Good: The price we finally got by booking online was great for the room we got. Free hot full breakfast everyday was nice. The hotel is close to downtown and a lot of the attractions we wanted. They have a free shuttle that will take you and pick you up anywhere you want to go. Darrell and Reggie, the drivers, were awesome. Our first night, I could not find parking from my trailer and truck as mentioned above, Reggie stepped up and guided me to park next to the front door until the large party left. Reggie and Darrell were so helpful on making suggestions where to eat and drink. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. There were two new big screen TV's, microwave and fridge in the room. The front desk people were very responsive to our complaints about the linens issue, although nothing ever changed.

Room Tip: Book online, their price when you call is much higher.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The room was fine the interest was terrible and we felt unsafe in the area. There were lots of unexplained people who weren't friendly hanging around the hotel. Front desk people very friendly. The car parking was very open and we didn't feel or car was safe.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Rockville Centre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The staff might be the friendliest staff in the U.S. The room was very comfortable and the free shuttle took me to all my destinations. Very nice that the M80 bus stops in front of the hotel and brings you to and from the airport for $2.25.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business