“baseball trip”

Ranked #44 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee
“baseball trip”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The carpert was dirty, The room had a lot of issues, smelled like smoke and it was suppose to be a non smoking room. The comforter had stains on it.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My best friend and I went here for one night. The parking lot was filled with garbage and filth. When we went to our hotel room, it looked like the blankets were not cleaned. The best part about the hotel was the shuttle service and the sink in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We went to Milwaukee for a Brewers trip and decided to stay here. I read several reviews ahead of time. Some things that concerned me where complaints about a "scary neighborhood, crime, etc". We found the neighborhood to be a typical Milwaukee city center neighborhood, nothing too crazy. We had no issues though, the parking lot and entire hotel are well covered with cameras and is well lit. Of course, we were not walking through the neighborhood...we drove downtown for a few things and enjoyed ourselves. We spent time in the hotel bar during the evening and enjoyed it down there. The bar is basically set off from the room where breakfast is served and she has some bar food available. The staff all around was very nice and helpful. We had a disabled dog in our group and they were very helpful with that.

A few notes. The hotel website says there is a hot tub (there is no hot tub anywhere, they said they meant select rooms have whirlpool tubs). It also says there is a casino attached (no casino attached, there is one a few miles away though). Downtown is only a few minutes away drive, and their driver will take you anywhere down there.

The hotel itself has very nice, smaller rooms. I would say you get what you pay for, but I still feel for $65 + tax we got good value out of our stay there. We would consider staying again for a similar trip.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had a great time at Hotel of the Arts: Days Inn and Suites in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

While it is located in a poorer area of the city, it is still relatively close to downtown and the Summerfest grounds, featuring free shuttles to take you to the airport, bus or train depot, Summerfest, etc.

It is probably not the most fantastic idea for a single person to go for a walk in that neighborhood at night, but I did without any problems, though most people might feel uncomfortable. But for the Hotel itself, I found the accommodations very pleasing and I will stay here every time I go to Milwaukee from now on.

Hotel of the Arts was affordable, immaculately clean, had a very, very friendly staff, a HUGE television, brand new furniture and linens, and staff to accommodate an extremely large number of patrons and high turnover ratios. The free breakfast was spectacular. I am used to just getting a continental breakfast where the only thing hot is either the muffin or oatmeal you can put in a microwave. There were eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, potatoes, several different kinds of cereal, waffles, etc., probably even more things that I have forgotten about.

There is a very nice lounge on the first level for adults featuring a full bar, and that I really enjoyed also. The bathroom and shower were very nice as well. There was even a computer in the lobby for general use if I needed to use the internet or send an e-mail.

I recommend Hotel of the Arts. It is not a four star hotel by any means, but I love this place. I can't remember if they had a pool or an exercise room: I would not have used them, anyway. But it was very close to a small, privately-owned convenience store which I used a few times.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure they have a vacancy, if possible.