“A tour of a craft brewing company for $10”

Milwaukee Brewing Co.
Ranked #6 of 27 Food & Drink in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: MKE Brewing Co. started as a brewpub, the Milwaukee Ale House, in October 1997 in Milwaukeeʼs Historic Third Ward. Fast forward 10 years and over 300 innovative beers later to November 2007 when MKE Brewing Co kegged off their first brew at their 2nd Street Brewery located in the trendy Walker’s Point neighborhood. A WDNR Green Tier Certified brewery, MKE Brewing Co. prides themselves on taking the artisan approach to brewing, using only the finest local ingredients and never making compromises. Tours are offered on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Reservations are recommended.
Champaign, Illinois
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A tour of a craft brewing company for $10”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Check in have a beer, tour with the guide for ten min. have a different beer, tour 10 min. more try a different beer, tour ten more min. have another beer. You also get a glass, a beer chip to use later at a list of bars or establishments all over Milwaukee. The workers are great, the tour was fun and many of the beers were very good, for ten dollars you have to go at least one time. You also do get an education in the making of beer. If you do stay for the whole tour and stay for each round of beers, and stay until your group is timed out, take the bus. It is a young crowd, but my wife and I who were much older than most had fun.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Ed M

Carmel, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome place.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've been on enough beer tours where they spend 45 minutes talking about the process of making beer. I'm pretty tired of hearing about that, and much to my pleasure, this didn't happen here! A great tour by Tim that included lots of great and interesting info on the actual brewery and how they do things, which i found fascinating. Oh yeah, plus lots and lots of really good beer! Arrive early, fill your cup! I can't think of a better way to spend $10 and a couple of hours. This was probably our favorite place we visited on our weekend adventure in Milwaukee.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike B
Ashburn, VA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Come Thirsty!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pre-booked $10.00 for the tour. Walked in and it looked like a college party. You can pretty much drink what you want, how you want. I tried a lot of beer and in between there was a tour. More beer, another part of the tour. If I had a designated driver I would have stayed a lot longer. Loved the Pale Moon Stout. You can't miss this.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sgtmorrison
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Chaotic fun”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We signed up for the "open house," which really translates to lots of beer for a single price. There was a mini-tour halfway through the two-hour open house. Otherwise it was just the sheer enjoyment of beer. A fairly young crowd was crammed into a small, warehouse-type space, but everyone was having a great time and it had a great vibe. A very nice, heavy Milwaukee Brewing glass provided at the start of the tour was the ticket to more beer. Just take it back up to the bar and get it refilled. We had more than enough before our time period ended but it was a really nice time and everybody was friendly. It was a very positive experience and I'd do it again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Christine M
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staycation”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome tour. Tim was our guide and he was excellent!! We're locals but think it is a must-see for everyone! I also love that they have sustainability values and local flavor.