“Poor staff”

Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bay View
Description: Beer is fun. Brewing is fun. Drinking beer with your buddies is fun. So, why not a name that is FUN? The largest patio in the Mid-West, with 2 bars, 6 fire pits, a private meeting room, a craft brewery inside, 4 volleyball courts, and a BFT (if you dont know...come and find out). Dogs ALLOWED! Happy Hour: Monday thru Friday 11am-6pm ($3 Drafts $3 rail mixers, $4 Glasses of House $5 Beer Mojitos and $5 Select Apps) Hangover Brunch: Saturday and Sundays 10am-2pm
Burlington, Iowa
“Poor staff”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I entered this Brewery with great expectations only to be let down. The young lady bartender who waited on me did not know the product. I attempted to compliment the watermelon beer and she had no clue what I meant when I said I was pleasantly surprised on how the beer finishes. I decided to move from the bar and sit outside so I advised her I was going to move to a table. Her response was, "don't come back"! I believe she was joking but I'm taking her advice, I'm not going back. I watched other wait staff and saw their lack of providing a good experience to the customers. It's a shame because their beer was good and the food as well.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Kenton C

“Great beer - crappy service”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We found the Horny Goat on our way to Summerfest, and we're glad we did. The beer is so good and the found was really good as well. The atmosphere is cool as it overlooks the river. The only bad thing was the service - the hostesses appeared to be hungover and annoyed to be there, we waited forever to get service and then once we did it was mediocre at best. Once the manager found out we had been waiting super long to even be greeted by our waiter, he fixed the problem right away and apologized profusely.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service and Attitude”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First time at this restaurant - it was a hot summer day and it was pretty busy. Host/greeters outside were pleasant enough but when asked what the wait time was for 8, they said 20 minutes to an hour "we don't know". I thought that was odd. They gave us a pager and we found seating near an outside fire pit. We waited about 10 min to have a server notice us (many were walking by ignoring us), so when we asked one about getting help, they said there isn't any service for those seats and we'd have to go to the bar. VERY odd since there were tables literally 6" behind me being served. From this point on it went downhill fast - the worst of the night was the surly attitude of the bartenders. I understand when it's busy and don't mind waiting, but when three bartenders have walked by me now for approximately 4-5 minutes without so much as making eye contact, it is now POOR SERVICE. A quick "Hi, I'll be right with you" would have gone a long way. We got our drinks, took another 10 minutes to order apps and those took about 45 min to come. by this time we were at a table and the server was slow and not attentive and the food (which was bland and very forgetable) took a long time.
In general I think this place could and should have something going w/their large outdoor patio, nice indoor spaces and games for adults to play in and around the buildings. It's just that the staff in general do not understand what it means to be a service professional. Smiles and positive "can do" attitudes should be the standard and going above and beyond the norm.
I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go here again.

• Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“This is in Milwaukee?...Really?”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I really Love this place. I love that it is tucked away from the rest of downtown or Brady Street or even the Third Ward. The outdoor space is to die for! When my husband and I went on a Friday afternoon, we sat at the Garage Bar and enjoyed a few cocktails (try The Texan- a twist on the Margarita w/ Jalapenos) and a couple delicious beers. The deck has a little bit to offer for everyone; fire pit seating, riverfront views and coverage under the glass covered bar.

When live music is not on the calendar, you will not be disappointed with the ecletic music selection which compliments the resort-like atmosphere.

My family and I returned for a Sunday Brunch at which time I thoroughly enjoyed the Vegetarian Burrito filled w/ scrambled eggs and cheese & onions. My husband had the breakfast flat bread covered with cheese, sausage, scrambled eggs...this dish can easily feed 2-3 people-it is a tasty meal. The Sunday Brunch also offers an all you can drink Bloody Mary bar for those of us who cannot get enough. This is the best option if you are even considering drinking two Marys.

My 8yr old really likes Horny Goat since it is a really kid friendly spot. The outdoor area offers a small sand box area with sand toys for children (& adults) to make a few castles. There is also a bean bag tossing game area to keep everyone busy. I would love to return to see a volleyball game played. There's an entire area covered under a huge tent with seating for the sand volleyball sport. Don't forget to bring your four legged friend. YES they are dog friendly too!

The restaurant makes great use of the massive spot available. I love that this place even exists! There's absolutely nothing in Milwaukee that comes close to Horny Goat Hideaway. It is off the beaten path and is such a gem that I admittedly cringe at the thought of too many others discovering it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bea J
milwaukee
“Afternoone apps and mojito's on the water”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great happy hour, mojito Monday for $5.00, beautiful riverfront seating. Perfect way to spend an afternoon with friends. Our server (Amber) was friendly and always on top of things, never had to wait for a drink. Did not order from the sandwich menu, but tried various appetizers and a flatbread pizza, all were delicious.

• Visited June 2013