“Great location!”

Milwaukee Athletic Club
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Great location!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Location is great. Very close to everything including bars, restaurants and the lake front. Room was spacious and clean but the rooms are tired. Ceiling tile, carpet/flooring and bathrooms should be updated. Parking was awkward due to repair work. Reasonable $15 fee for downtown parking. We would stay again. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 12th floor.....very close to the rooftop deck which has beautiful city views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tr1510

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The people at the front desk were pleasant enough. That is the only good thing to say about this extremely poorly maintained, uncomfortable, unattractive, noisy, creepy, outdated, dirty relic of a hotel. No price is cheap enough to justify staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jks355

Travellers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Walked in and was immediately impressed with the well manicured and upscale looking interior. Our room was very spacious along with the bathroom. The beds were clean and comfortable. Our room had a nice view of the city's night life. I did note that the TV seemed awkwardly small for the room and its distance from the beds, but wasn't a big deal. Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it in the future!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 April 2014

First I should acknowledge that the MAC is a functioning athletic club, so the lower four floors are indeed nicely laid out and maintained to serve that function. The price of a room is reasonable for a downtown location and it appears that the parking fee of $15 is standard for downtown. And, unlike some reviewers, we found that the check-in person was pleasant, as were other staff that we asked for directions. There are some "larger" rooms and some "smaller" rooms on the top three floors, so be sure you check that out. We booked a "smaller" room, which was indeed small, but clean and comfy. But there were thin metal doors between us and the rooms on either side of us, so we could hear ordinary conversations on either side. But, lucky for us, everyone went to bed early, so we had a good night's sleep. Would we stay there again? My wife says yes; I say maybe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank retirees2011
Mount Pleasant, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Do Not Stay Here! Like the previous review, I could rate it a MINUS, I would.
I was recommended this place by a colleague. Not knowing Milwaukee - I didn't question it.
I checked in at 4:30pm, only to hear through paper thin walls, people having sex next door.
I went and got a restaurant recommendation from the front desk.
While while having dinner down the road, my laptop, iPad and passport were all stolen from my room. I was contacted by the hotel the following day to call a number. After calling, I was instructed to meet a dodgy person at a shopping centre who then sold my passport back to me but told me he had already pawned by laptop and iPad. How they got into my room I will never know.... It's something out of a movie!!!!!!
I'm wondering where the security might be in the place?
Worst 12-24hrs of travel I've ever experienced in my life.
Fingers crossed my police report is followed up. Not so I can get my belongings back, as they are replaceable. But simply to look in to who did it and how they managed to get in. I will not be returning.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gandeaus
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It started off by standing at the counter waiting to check in where I had to listen to the employees belittle each other. I walked away feeling terrible for the man behind the desk. We then got in the room and turned on the TV which had sound but no picture. We called the front desk and they weren't surprised - telling me some bizarre angle I had to stand at to get the picture to turn on. Then only 2 channels work. The awful beds and paper thin walls added to the amusement. The shower pressure was awful and the water went from freezing to scolding hot every 15 seconds. Seriously felt like it was burning my skin. It was topped off by being treated like second class citizens at their bar even though we were paying well above bar prices for their drinks. When we checked out there were guests openly complaining about the hotel and the staff just ignored it. I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maggie T
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great location. Pretty rude at check in, guy made it clear he hates his job. Parking was an extra $15. Rooms so outdated it made us laugh. Tile ceiling, brown carpet, dark dingy room. 40 yo bathroom vanity. Broken exhaust fan. Water in shower freezes and burns at random. Hotel felt creepy with a 1970s "The Shining" vibe. No curtains only metal blinds that didn't block the 6:30 am sun. Hairs is bath tub. Stains on blankets. Screaming and doors slamming at 2:00 am. Could hear the neighbors "moaning" at 4:00 am (for 30 sec). Should have been a $30 room.

• Stayed February 2014