“Small plates are small”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
milwaukee, wi
“Small plates are small”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

When the menu says "small plates", it's not fooling around. This industrial/warehouse space has been smartly converted into a hip little cafe. Not much table seating, so arrive early if you can. The upstairs seating area has a low ceiling. (I am 6'2" and I had to duck to get to a table.) The food is good, and is a great way to sample local Wisconsin ingredients. I had the "small plate" ravioli, which had three ravioli (raviolis?) on a small plate. I should have taken the menu at its word, but I was expecting more food. No matter, if you order a small plate knowing it's actually "small", you'll enjoy every bite. The Walker's Point restaurant space is getting competitive, but INdustri's creative menu is worth checking out.

1 Thank DanielBakerMKE

Milwaukee
“Nice small plates, interesting spot”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went to INdustri Café before the theatre recently. We were pretty early for the crowds, so we were seated promptly. We decided to try some of the small plates and share them around. There was a decent choice and some interesting things. They had some specials that night as well, which we skipped. However, our server informed us that some of our choices were sold out. (Really? Early on a Saturday night?) The items we chose were not a disappointment at all. I had the "lamb lollipops", which were two nice lamb chops with the rib bone as the "stick". I don't honestly remember the specific items we had, but we agreed that they were all really interesting and tasty. The place started filling up as we dined, and we were finished easily in time for the performance at Next Act nearby.
I think we'd go back. One small point is that the prices for the small plates were not quite as small as they could have been, so you may wind up spending as much as you would for fewer larger plates. Other than that, it was an interesting spot.

1 Thank John M
Oshkosh, WI
“Stellar food and service”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was my first visit for a pre-theater dinner. I started with a berry martini and on my server's suggestion, ordered the lobster hush puppies and cucumber sliders. Both were so flavorful, the lobster hush puppies with a corn relish and just enough heat for flavor yet not overwhelming. The cucumber sliders were fresh and crispy, with arugula and crema just enough to balance the flavors. Even though the restaurant was starting to fill up, I never felt hurried along, even as a solo diner at a 4-top. A refill on coffee was even offered after I said I was finished and ready for my check.

1 Thank Kim K
Sheboygan, WI
“Fun Place for Small Plates”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had dinner at INdustri Cafe before heading to the theater for a show and were very pleased. The small plates are very imaginatively prepared and presented with great flavors. One of the evening specials was more of an entree than a small plate. The only negative was that a large group had been seated just before us in the back room so the service was slow. We even had to wait for a menu because they were "all out" of them. We will definitely be back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Allan V
Chicago, Illinois
“INdustri-great experience!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I had brunch here after a stay at the Iron Horse hotel. I had a delicious mimosa with freshly squeezed orange juice-fairly priced at $7. I ordered the savory crepes and my husband had some type of vanilla french toast. Both dishes were fantastic! Our server...I think his name was Chris...was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and shared some information about their locally sourced ingredients. The music was great and the atmosphere was relaxing. A wonderful brunch experience.

TIp-it says at the bottom of the receipt that if you save it and return within 10 days you get 10% off during the next visit!

• Visited October 2013