“More choices than I expected!”
Review of Tulip - CLOSED

Tulip
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Milwaukee Erie
Description: Tulip aspires to introduce Turkish cuisine to the Milwaukee area. It is housed in the old Gas Light Building in the historic Third Ward. The warm cream city brick walls, coupled with the red hues of the onyx bar make for an inviting and panache atmosphere. The menu entices you to indulge on Turkish delights, such as eggplant puree, fried cheese roll, lamb chops and shish kebabs. Freshly made pita bread and baklava are awaiting you. Accent your dining with an excellent choice of wines, Turkish beer and martinis. No meal can go unfinished without sampling the famous Turkish coffee or Tea.
Canton, Mississippi
“More choices than I expected!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I had read some reviews before going here but was pleasantly surprised at the various choices on the menu. There were multiple signature drinks, but the sangria was wonderful. We tried different appetizers, and two entrees, both were delicious and flavorful. The salad choice was good also. And for dessert, had the rice pudding! Delightful and a perfect end to a great meal.The service was excellent!

• Visited May 2013

Richfield, Wisconsin
“It was perfect!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I met my friend downtown following a full-day event I participated in. She suggested "Tulip," and since I had never been there, and it was three minutes from my downtown location, I thought, "why not?" I'm so glad I took her recommendation! There's plenty of parking, in their adjacent lot after 5:30 weekdays, and on the street. I was seated immediately, and our server was polite and attentive. When my friend showed up, we looked at the menu and each ordered Tulip's "three for $22" specials. I love eggplant, so I ordered the baby eggplant stuffed with sauteed vegetables. It came with a side of very delicate rice. I'm not a white rice fan, and I'll tolerate brown rice, but this was exceptional! My friend ordered the chicken shish kabob, and she said it was wonderful. I pirated her green peppers and a couple of onions since she's not a fan, and they were delectable. Both of us loved our salads. I enjoyed the baklava -- two pieces. It wasn't the crispy over-honeyed dessert I've been used to. It was sweetened just enough and the flavor provided a tasty end to a memorable meal. My friend ordered the rice pudding. Rather than the usual small dessert "side" one usually gets, this was almost a true bowl full, and she couldn't finish it! When I returned home, I told my husband about my dining experience, and both he and I look forward to a future meal at Tulip. I also told a co-worker, and he said he's glad we liked it as it's one of his favorites. His roommate is Turkish and has been a diner at Tulip since it opened! The only drawback to the experience, and it was simply a slight annoyance, was the large screen TV positioned over the bar. Some sports-related show was playing, and that didn't seem to fit the venue at all. Evidently, Tulip gets a big bar crowd. While we were there, Tulip hosted a birthday party (about 10 young women) and what looked like a "girls' night out" in the couch area of the restaurant. Neither of those was disturbing in the slightest. I'm looking forward to a return visit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank divaw0rld
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome place for a date!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I've been here half a dozen times & have never been disappointed! Excellent foof, attentive service and an interesting decor. Lots to look at! This would be an awesome place for a first date, great flavored, quiet & decent prices too!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bonnie G
Rochester, Wisconsin
“A taste of the Middle East in Brew City”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We tried this place out because we had a Groupon Coupon -- so far we've never had a bad pick with Groupon. It was a little hard to find but we're not overly familiar with Milwaukee.

Once we found it, parking was simple and ample (we were there at 5, not sure what it would be like during the day). They were friendly. The decor was nice. The place was clean and the food was fantastic.

We picked a platter (one of the more expensive items on the menu) because we wanted to get a broad taste of their food. It was excellent...a little short on the vegetables and heavy on the meat.

This place is a little on the pricey side. I remember only seeing a few children but we'll definitely go back. I think that they probably need to find a better way of marketing themselves. They are definitely better than most Milwaukee restaurants, yet seem to be under the radar. It would be sad to lose such a good restaurant simply because no one knew that they were there.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank thnk1st
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great food, nice addition to milwaukee!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

We split that night's special - fried artichoke appetizer - very good! Next was lentil soup - tasty! Then lamb shank wrapped in eggplant - melted in your mouth. Also had beef medalions with peppers over garlic mashed potatos - yum. For desert baklava - good, not too sweet, and rocky road creme brulee - oh so good. Service was friendly but could have been just a little bit more attentive - maybe new?

Would we go back? YES!