“Sunday funday”

Stubby's Gastrogrub & Beer Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stubby's Gastrogrub & Beer Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,539 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I've been here a couple times now and tried several items on the menu. Great beer menu and number if selections- always changing :)
The food has consistently surprised me as each dish I've ordered could have been half-heartedly prepared or presented. Everything comes out really looking and tasting great. The curmudgeon's delight ( Mac & cheese) was incredible. If I'm not there once or twice a month now, I'd be surprised
Cheers the Stubby's!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stopped here for lunch after stopping by the brewery. We were given a ticket for a free beer and a few different places and we chose here. The location is great right on the river and we sat out on the balcony looking down on the river. Great beer selctions on tap and good menu as well. Tried the Pork Bomb sandwich and the stuffed jalepeno poppers. We split them both and both were good. Food came out very quickly though it was a wednesday afternoon. The sandwich was fantastic and the upgrade sweet potato fries were great. Recommended for a good lunch and a good view.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stopped into Stubby's to grab a quick bite to eat before our Brewery Tour started just down the road. We were a little pushed for time (45 minutes to get the food out when the place was nearly empty) but I will say it was worth the wait. The burgers were a decent size with toasted buns and cooked perfectly. The added bonus was the seasoned tator tots. Since we had to eat rather quickly we were all told to come back for a beers on the house (there were 4 os us) after our tour. We stopped back for those free beers and another order of delicous tots! Also I should note the Patio is a great place to hangout with terrific views. Stop by for the views and food but make sure you have a little extra time on your hands.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I'm never sure who is running Stubby's as every time I go the menu is different. They have a fantastic patio right on the river and we love to go order drinks and half price apps during happy hour. The food is only okay. I've never been blown away by anything nor have we found a favorite. It's too bad, really, because this is such a great location... The menu, both food and beer, can be on the more expensive side, so if you do go- make sure it's for happy hour, and make sure they still have a deal! (That changes, too)

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had a large family group gathering,18 people, and this was the right casual place for us. The server did a great job herding this group of cats. The menu was a very interesting take on bar food standards. From the Wisconsin version of the Pu Pu Platter to the Stubby burger everything was very good. The bacon fries were decadent - ok, that describes many of the items. Did I mention the beer menu was awesome? Will stop again when in town.