“Wonderful Breakfast”

Ranked #4 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you can go during the week - no wait at all for us. If you cannot decide what to order, ask your waiter/waitress their favorite. I've done that on two occasions, and both were wonderful choices that I may not have otherwise chosen. Make time to head over to Blue's Egg. You won't regret it~

Visited May 2014
1 Thank WI4travelers

Milwaukee
“Poor Management of Table Wait Times & Nasty House Made English Muffin”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our party of 4 arrived on Saturday, 5-10-14 around 8:20 am and were told the wait would be 30 to 45 minutes. On our last visit in September 2013, we arrived around 9:00 am on a Saturday morning and were given a 45 to 60 minute wait time that turned into 25 minutes.

Given the very pleasant sunny morning, we headed to the outside tables and procured a couple bloodly mary's and a Mimosa. I started the stop watch feature on my watch, along with a 20 minute countdown timer. Imagine my party's surprise when 12 minutes later we were called for our table.

Two points are now a trend and 12 minutes is under 50% of 30 minutes and under 33% of 45 minutes. Certainly, we were quite happy to have kept the wait to only 12 minutes, but the practice of grossly inflating wait times is a detraction from the otherwise well above average dining experience provided by Blue's Egg.

Two of our party were first timers and needed extra time to review the rather expansive menu. One selected the fruit extravaganza French Toast offering and the other an Irish? themed omelet. My wife selected the pulled ham and grueyre cheese omelet and I the Blue's Classic Benedict. We all selected the "Browns" hash browns as our sides.

Our waitress Sara provided attentive and otherwise impeccable service throughout our meal. Whether it was an in meal requested coffee as a warm up for the coolish dining room or an explanation of a breakfast entree ingredient or bread offering. Sara was on her game.

Three of four of us were well pleased with our selections, with myself the only dissenting party. I've favored the benedict on both prior visits, reporting in September of a significant reduction in the meal's volume of pulled ham. The pulled ham volume was comparable to the September portion but this time the house made English Muffin was barely edible. While small in circumference, each half was quite thick and as dense as a tea spoon of a black sun.

Besides the density, the muffin halves were flavorless. Since the lower half of my mouth/palette contacted the muffin with each bite, eating was arduous. The pre-order arrangement I made with my wife - to exchange our breakfast selections at the half way point, was shear genius, as I was able to enjoy half of her pulled ham and grueyre omelet and the always excellent browns. When I handed over the remaining benedict and browns, I warned her about the muffin - but did not specify why. Later she confessed that the muffin was well below par on taste and consistency.

My wife and I are life long Thomas' English Muffin lovers, and on this morning, Blue's Egg's kitchen could have done themselves and other Classic and other Benedict patrons a favor by forgoing the house made muffins and choosing store bought.

• Visited May 2014
“Amazing”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Other than the long line (or you can shop at Walgreens while you wait), the brunch is pretty amazing. 5 stars.

• Visited January 2014
Allen, Texas
“My best brunch ever!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wait was only 20 minutes. They have coffee cups available on the side, and you just let your server know to add a beverage. I ordered the "Dubliner" from their menu. It was delicious. The Dubliner consisted of two poached eggs, served over leeks, corned beef over rye toast and a paprika aioli sauce. Delicious! Also, you get a choice of one side item They offer over 10 items. I chose an individual side pancake! My server was an older gentleman who provided the most excellent and personalized service I have not seen in decades.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ILMgwmTraveler
Escanaba, Michigan
“Best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As a family of 4, all of us left Blue's Egg extremely satisfied. It was busy, and we waited 35 minutes to be seated. But with the wait comes the benefits of a great breakfast menu, super nice staff and great tasting food. We also enjoyed the restaurant setting. Of all the restaurants I've taken my family to for breakfast over he years, Blue's Egg is now our #1.

• Visited April 2014