“Best breakfast and happy morning drinks”
Review of Blue's Egg

Blue's Egg
Ranked #5 of 1,570 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Breakfast places are a common place... And most have the same stuff. Blues egg is different... While you can get the ordinary stuff, what you need to try are the stuffed browns. Omg they are wonderful. Imaging an omelette but instead of eggs the outside is crispy, golden brown hash browns. Some are stuffed with goat cheese and all kind of options. I have to tell you... I am a pretty healthy eater, but this was outrageously and sinfully wonderful. Oh, and you get to pair it with the best morning drinks, yes alcoholic drinks. There was not one table not drinking (the double negation is worst while in these case)... And I went on a Friday morning. Go Milwaukee.

1  Thank JR T

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Blue's egg is a place where many go, as you will see on a weekend, waiting to get a table. Breakfast is different and pricey but really good. They have a nitch in the market as a high end, high quality, fantastic service kind of a place. Most eateries strive for this and Blue's gets it totally. Great place, great service and very nice selections.

2  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our first time here; Friday afternoon near closing time (2:00pm) so we thought it would not be crowded-wrong! But in a good way. Our wait was short. Our server was friendly, prompt and answered our menu questions.
I had the stuffed brown-thick hash browns split open then topped with cheese, ham and arugula. Very crispy hash browns-yum. I ordered an egg on the side (done perfectly), but I do wish toast came with my meal. My husband had toast with his meal and I shared a piece so I could eat some of the homemade strawberry jam that came with-also delicious. He had the omelet with brie, bacon and roasted tomato. Our plates were clean and we were full!
I want to add that the coffee was excellent, and they give you a cup to go. The coffee came from a local coffee roaster called Valentine. We went right over to their shop on 59th and Vliet and bought some beans. How good could it be you ask...I usually use cream...this coffee doesn't need it--a first for me.

2  Thank F J
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Based on the reviews here, we expected an excellent experience. It wasn't awful, but missed the mark in several areas. The homemade English muffins were undercooked and gummy, my husband Hoppel Poppel was a jumble of just okay food piled on the plate. My Potato Pancakes also had too many things on the plate.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I came here with a friend after running in the Rock and Sole 5k. We knew the place was popping when we saw the parking lot. I actually had to park across the street, but no problem; it was a great June day. We were told our wait would be 30-45 minutes but based on reviews on Yelp & the parking lot we figured it was worth it, and Blue's did not disappoint!
They took my friend's name and number to text us when our table was ready. I've NEVER seen that before. They also brilliantly had a small bar set up outside so you could get a mimosa, sangria, or bloody Mary while you waited. My friend had the sangria; I had the bloody Mary. That thing was awesome! Great amount of spice and hello! it had a deliciously crispy (just how I like it) slice of bacon in it (sorry, but that beats a celery stalk any day) and a dill pickle quarter in addition to the standard olive and lemon & lime wedges.
We received the text that our table was ready in little under 30 mins and we were seated in the back of the restaurant near a window that had 2 large decorative metal roosters in it. We started with a monkey bread to share. Not sure why they call it that because the name conjures up banana bread and it is so not banana bread. It's a small round twisty pastry with the most died and gone to heaven caramel on it. It was insanely delicious. Unnecessarily it came with a small ramekin of a caramel whisky sauce. I say unnecessary because the caramel on the pastry stands alone. Our waitress told us that most people add it to their coffee, so naturally I did. While we waited for our food, the waitress brought us a small cup of grapes to munch on. She said it was their alternative to bread. I ordered the vegetable hash off the specials menu. It was made with sweet potato, beets, mushroom, onion, & spaghetti squash topped w/2 petfectly poached eggs and the brightest, perfectly lemony hollandaise sauce. It came with a choice of a wide variety of sides. I chose the fruit cup. Can I tell you I tore into, but couldn't eat it all. I was STUFFED! If I had anything to suggest it would be to add some color to the fruit cup. It had cantaloupe, banana & pineapple, all fresh. Strawberry or watermelon would have pushed it over the top visually. My friend had the mushroom strata w/a housemade veggie patty. She said it was one of the BEST things she's ever eaten. I couldn't see how this place could disappoint. Great service throughout from the hostess stand, outside service bar, to our waitress, and clearly the kitchen staff. I hope you give it a try!