“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Macon
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Beautiful hotel, comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff. We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. Didn't see the Caffe Deco until day three of the trip--it is a little out of the way--or would have visited it more often.The shuttle was a real plus.The neighborhood around the hotel has not kept up with the hotel, so the transition from outside to inside is rather dramatic. Only one complaint: We were caught off guard by the $20 per night parking charge.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very nice hotel that really lives up to it's claim that it is the Premier art deco hotel in Milwaukee. Rooms were very clean and nice, and the staff was very friendly. If you get a chance and are there on a Sunday morning, eat at the Envoy restaurant downstairs for brunch. It was probably the best brunch that I have ever eaten - so good that we went back the next day for breakfast, even though we were initially going to go try some place new. The bar area is very cool too.

The only negative thing that I have to say is that there aren't really any places within walking distance from the hotel, but they do an outstanding job of providing a shuttle that will take you to and from any destination in the city for nothing more than a tip for the driver. We used the shuttle every time we went anywhere, and found it to be a great experience.

Green Bay
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Lived in the area in college and never expected such a quaint, clean, and hip hotel right on Wisconsin Ave. Very nice place with a lot of charm. I was there on business, but want to come back with my wife.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Clean beds, clean rooms, and a very nice hotel. I would recommend it to anyone seeking romance in this beautiful city, Milwaukee. The restaurants we ate at were great, and it was so fun enjoying the weather at Summer fest this year we will be back.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a trip to visit my brother. Initially, my brother was concerned about the neighborhood and suggested I go with another hotel closer to downtown. In an effort to get the best deal, I went on Priceline looking for a great rate on a 4 star hotel. Once my offer was accepted and I saw it was the Ambassador, I cried like baby and paced the floor until I had grooves in the carpet! I thought I was doomed to stay in a so-so hotel in a crummy neighborhood. I had pictured the nightly news report, "visitor from Arizona killed while staying in Milwaukee at the Ambassador"!! I know that's an awful thought.

However, once I arrived I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was beautiful! The décor and architecture were fabulous. I had a big room with a king sized bed and a sitting area. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. Please keep in mind that I only slept in the room and sat for in it for a couple hours each morning. My brother had a full itinerary for me. The neighborhood didn't look to be too shabby to me but, then again I lived in Detroit for many years... the staff was wonderful and most of all it got the seal of approval from both my brother and his girlfriend! The hotel is a bit of a distance from downtown but it was as excellent stay for the price. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
King City
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Clean, comfortable, good service and restaurants. The shuttle is a great service for those without cars. Downside, if you have a car it's $20/day to park it and the wireless internet/TV signal can be weak/intermittent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Carpentersville, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We wanted to stay at the casino but they were sold out. They have a partnership with this hotel so we booked. We got $20 stay/play cash and free shuttle service to the casino. The hotel is very nice. Everything has been re-done in the past couple of years. food and drinks were really good. I ordered a cheese plate and champagne for our room (very good). Free shuttle took us to LakeFront Brewery and the casino at no charge. Drivers were super nice.

Only complaint was that the hotel restaurant closed/stopped serving at 8:00 pm. And there isn't really anything within walking distance of the hotel to eat besides Taco Bell.