“Favorite Hotel I have ever been in”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 23 August 2009

This hotel is in an ok part of town, but has free transportation to anywhere in Milwaukee and if you call 15-30 minutes before leaving they will also pick you up, good location to brewers games also. The hotel is great it looks old from the inside and the lobby is still all marble with the old elevators that you have to pull open. The rooms are fantastic smaller but perfect and the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I travel to milwaukee often and stay here everytime. The bar and restaurant down stairs is also fantastic.

Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 August 2009

Nice,clean hotel. Staff was very professional and so helpful with information on sights to see and nice to have a shuttle to get you around the downtown area. Nice restaurant,bar and coffee bar with Starbucks! I was in heaven....all I needed in one place, could not have asked for anything better!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I don't know if I've ever had a better experience at a hotel. The staff was more than accomodating. The rooms are large, well furnished and clean. We had a large group meeting at the hotel and they handled it expertly.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I stay here many times for both business and personal travel and have never had a bad experience. The atmosphere is welcoming and a swank vibe offers a great place for a martini. The beds are extremely comfortable and the down feather pillows help you forget you are traveling...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank tgokey
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ambassador. Our room was huge - a king with a pull out couch, a fridge and a very comfortable bed. The lobby is nice and the staff were very friendly. While the location is a little bit outside of the main downtown area, it worked well for a Brewer's game. And, there is a free shuttle anywhere downtown. After the game, our group of friends got the free shuttle to a great bar - it was great to save a couple $$. Free parking in an parking structure was nice, too.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I had a wonderful time at the Ambassador. The front desk staff were incredibly helpful. I was not familiar with the Milwaukee area and the staff helped me find my way around. The free parking and shuttle was amazing. I only wished I had not gotten a rental car...no need for it with such a great free service. I will defiantly be coming back to the Ambassador!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Hotel was nice and clean, but my room was rather small, with the queen bed pushed up against the side of the wall, so hard to visit the toilet in the middle of the night. I see by reading other reviews that I did not do so well on the price. I think I paid $125 for a queen, and see some others paid $100.00 for a king. Hmmm. Still, the room was very clean and neat. And I am picky. I had no need for the refrigerator and microwave, but they were a nice touch.
The hotel bar is great, yet pricey. Bartender was a good guy. Get a French martini if you want to be entertained.
Easy to get downtown. Take the No. 30 or 10 bus and you'll get downtown in a snap. Free parking is a plus.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple