“Solid Restaurant for an evening out!”
Review of Sail Loft

Sail Loft
Ranked #124 of 1,540 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Recently had dinner at the Sail Loft on Saturday night. Awesome location out on the river, wonderful outside seating area. Inside dining room looked very nice as well. They also had live music, a one guy act that was absolutely great. I normally don't like live music but my wife wanted to sit outside and we were so glad we did. The food was good, not the best I've ever had or anything but definitely on par with a solid restaurant. The Parmesan fries were disappointing though. No Parmesan on them, just seasoning... The burger I had was amazing though. Very unique toppings.

Location is the highlight with the sail loft. Right near the lake and on the river. Cool tiny park area right next to it with these boxes that light up at night. Beautiful experience in the summer! I recommend it and we will be back sometime.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome meal. Great atmosphere! Service at ghe bar could have been better. Not very energetic bartenders. Table service was very good. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

So we went to the Sail Loft for the outdoor deck. It is at the bend in the river and gets a great breeze from the Lake. We we blown away by how good the food was! Crab Cake appetizer OMG. Fish Tacos made with large portions of grilled Mahi! Incredible "Surf and Turf Burger"...seriously...it had shrimp on it! Wow. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Admittedly, we went with a. Groupon, so didn't have the highest of expectations. Way on the end of Erie sits this restaurant, with a warm inviting, yet fun atmosphere. A beautiful boat is hanging from the ceiling and water views all around. Roomy, comfy booths. With the Groupon we only had to order appetizers and beer, weren't planning on a full meal. We had the peel 'n eat shrimp and the artichoke spinach dip which came with the thinnest, crispest chips. It was delicious. We topped it off with the three truffle dessert, just divine. I can't wait to go back for entrees. Also, when we told the server we needed to be done in time for the theatre, he was very accommodating. I would like to go back in the warm weather to better appreciate it.

1  Thank smarusz
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Despite mixed reviews, decided to give this place a try. Would be a great place to sit outside in summer! But alas, being January, we sat next to big windows instead, but we still enjoyed the view. Service was good; our server was very friendly. My friend had the fish tacos and wasn't impressed--felt they were a bit blah. I had the Grilled Scottish Salmon, which was cooked perfectly at medium rare and tasted great (consistent with what other reviews stated), and the Pancetta Brussel Sprouts instead of the mashed potatoes. I never knew brussel sprouts could taste SO good! With bacon and garlic...they truly were fantastic. Not healthy at all--the way they were doctored up--but to me, unforgettable. I will definitely be back for more!

1  Thank NewOrleansSecrets