“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Baltimore, Maryland
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Marriott very rarely disappoints and this visit was not exception. Rooms extremely clean and well maintained. Staff very friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the airport. The pool is a bit small, no swimming laps in this pool. There is no room service, but they have a café on the first floor. We got breakfast there and it was tasty. You are also able to take the food back to your room which is great if you are traveling for business and have work to do. My only minor whine is the size of the ironing board - thankfully it is not an awful table top ironing board, but it is noticeably smaller then a regulation size ironing board!!!

Green Features: They actually will not wash your towels if you leave them hanging up. Some hotels will wash them anyway. However, there was not a separate recycling bin for paper, etc. in the room (that would be nice).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Milwaukee Airport was enjoyable.

I will look into the iron board size. We might have had you in an accessible room. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Needed to stay by Milwaukee airport for and early flight, this hotel is 1 mile away but yet you don't get the airplane noise. The person who checked me in was friendly and helpful. I had to arrange dropping off my rental car and they quickly picked me up from the airport. Bed was comfortable, clean room. Typical Marriott amenities which works for me. Walking distance to a good restaurant called Beer Belly's (don't let the name fool you, it was pretty good). The next morning the airport shuttle was quick and easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for two weeks. Front desk staff was friendly along with the AM & PM bistro employees. Was greeted at the front desk by a man that smelled like a cat's litter box, made me want to stay away from the lobby. Near the end of my stay it seemed like there were little to no staff at the hotel, must be poor management in charge if they can't hire staff or fill in for missing workers. Not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Timmy B
Timothy R, Operations Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Mr. B,

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the loss of the PM staff members was not, ultimately, a loss for the property. Their departure was unexpected. I apologize that their departure coincided with your stay as it did inconvenience you. We are in the position of training new people whose guest service skills are second to none. We hope you have the opportunity and inclination to give us another try in the future.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was traveling alone and without a car, so I chose this hotel for the airport shuttle and the fact that it had food available, plus I usually like the Courtyard experience. Upon entering the hotel, I noticed that the restaurant area looked closed and inquired about the open times. They informed me that the "bistro guy" had quit the week before and they were not open. So, I pulled out my iPad and looked for another hotel nearby with a restaurant on site, then I had my ride take me to the other hotel! It may have had a great room, but if you can't manage your staff any better and close one of the main features of your hotel, it's not worth my $$.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa I
TimothyRock25, Operations Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are very sorry that the Bistro was closed for your stay. The events leading to the resignations of staff members were truly out of our control; however the result will be an improved Bistro atmosphere. We hope you will consider trying us again in the future, but in the meanwhile please, again, accept our apologies.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and clean room. A comfortable stay. Pretty convenient to the airport although the shuttle situation was a little dicey. They don't have a restaurant, just a little sandwich place with a small selection. The food was fine for what it was.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank benny3345
daryl j, Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Daryl
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stay at many Courtyards. This one is the pathetic. They warned me upon check-in that the lobby bistro would be closed on Friday and Saturday night because they had recently lost many staff members at the same time. I guess they couldn't hire one person to pour wine and serve salads.

The first morning I was here, I left the room at 9am - left a $2 tip on the pillow of the bed and went out for a day of business. When I returned at 2pm the room was not touched. Worse, when I called the front desk to ask about housekeeping - the clerk could not have had a more disinterested attitude.

This place should lose the Marriott name....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve L
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I wish to extend my sincere apologies. The service you were provided did not meet your expectations or ours. Your experience certainly warrants compensation. I would like to discuss with you how I can accomodate you. If would like to contact me at daryl.johnson@marriott.com I would be glad to work with you. We value your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Recently spent four nights at Courtyard Marriott Airport and it was one of the best stays I've had at any hotel in a long time. I used to be a loyal Hilton follower but dumped them last year and now only stay at Marriotts. There's a good reason why I switched -- the customer service experience! I've stayed at three different Marriotts in the past year and never had one bad experience. My Sisters and I had a wonderful time, the suite was perfect for celebrating my little Sister's 50th birthday. I want to single out one of Courtyard Airport's front desk personnel, Diane. She was professional, courteous, helpful, and always had a smile on her face. She should be commended by her front desk manager for her outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: I didn't use any kids activities or the pool/sauna so that's why I didn't rate them. If...