“Nice Facility but Poorly Managed”

Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have traveled around the world many times and this was one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The facilities are new and thus nice but the level of service and attention to guest needs is appalling. When we checked in the desk clerk was talking to some intoxicated I assume wedding quests and made the comment that she would rather be partying with them. That evening our room was on the back side of the hotel and a number of people were outside by the "fire pit" area drinking, making noise, and with inappropriate language. At 10 PM I called the desk and was told that they would take care of the noise. At 11 PM I called again and was told they were sorry. At mid-night the noise continued. I sent an email the next week to the manager of the hotel expressing my concerns and disappointment and never heard a word back. Unbelievable. We later contacted the hotel because my wife thought that she left her jacket in the closet and was told that the manager would get back to us. Once again never heard a word. If the manager of the facility does not take notice, why would one expect their employees to be guest focused.

Nice place, but poorly managed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom M

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights here. Very up to date, nice property. Rooms were nice, patio area with fire pit was nice. Pool is on the small side for the kids but it did the trick. Starbucks in the lobby for a wake up. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Milwaukee Airport was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.Glad you like the Starbuscks coffee.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed one night at courtyard marriot in Milwaukee. We had a wonderful time. We were not expecting much at this airport location but had a wonderful stay from the moment we stepped into the lobby! Spacious 1 bed suite, delicious breakfast, nice pool! Worth a stay!

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Marriott very rarely disappoints and this visit was not exception. Rooms extremely clean and well maintained. Staff very friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the airport. The pool is a bit small, no swimming laps in this pool. There is no room service, but they have a café on the first floor. We got breakfast there and it was tasty. You are also able to take the food back to your room which is great if you are traveling for business and have work to do. My only minor whine is the size of the ironing board - thankfully it is not an awful table top ironing board, but it is noticeably smaller then a regulation size ironing board!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I will look into the iron board size. We might have had you in an accessible room. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Needed to stay by Milwaukee airport for and early flight, this hotel is 1 mile away but yet you don't get the airplane noise. The person who checked me in was friendly and helpful. I had to arrange dropping off my rental car and they quickly picked me up from the airport. Bed was comfortable, clean room. Typical Marriott amenities which works for me. Walking distance to a good restaurant called Beer Belly's (don't let the name fool you, it was pretty good). The next morning the airport shuttle was quick and easy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for two weeks. Front desk staff was friendly along with the AM & PM bistro employees. Was greeted at the front desk by a man that smelled like a cat's litter box, made me want to stay away from the lobby. Near the end of my stay it seemed like there were little to no staff at the hotel, must be poor management in charge if they can't hire staff or fill in for missing workers. Not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Timmy B
Timothy R, Operations Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Mr. B,

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the loss of the PM staff members was not, ultimately, a loss for the property. Their departure was unexpected. I apologize that their departure coincided with your stay as it did inconvenience you. We are in the position of training new people whose guest service skills are second to none. We hope you have the opportunity and inclination to give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was traveling alone and without a car, so I chose this hotel for the airport shuttle and the fact that it had food available, plus I usually like the Courtyard experience. Upon entering the hotel, I noticed that the restaurant area looked closed and inquired about the open times. They informed me that the "bistro guy" had quit the week before and they were not open. So, I pulled out my iPad and looked for another hotel nearby with a restaurant on site, then I had my ride take me to the other hotel! It may have had a great room, but if you can't manage your staff any better and close one of the main features of your hotel, it's not worth my $$.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lisa I
TimothyRock25, Operations Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We are very sorry that the Bistro was closed for your stay. The events leading to the resignations of staff members were truly out of our control; however the result will be an improved Bistro atmosphere. We hope you will consider trying us again in the future, but in the meanwhile please, again, accept our apologies.