“Pleasant Facility”

Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Palos Park, IL
“Pleasant Facility”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at the Marriot Milwaukee Airport when we went to the Summerfest because we couldn’t get a room at any of the downtown hotels.
For the price, this place is very nice. It is quite clean and tastefully decorated. Even though I wasn’t flying anywhere, I was impressed with the easily accessible computer terminals for printing boarding passes.
We were able to get a cab to Summerfest for $20 through a private limo driver the hotel has an arrangement with. He was supposed to pick us up when we called to come back, but that didn’t work out so we ended up getting a regular taxi cab on the way back. That price was about $28.00 with tip. There were several other options available to get to and from Summerfest, but that worked fine for us.
We were a little disappointed not to have complimentary fresh coffee available in the lobby like most hotels provide. There was a Starbuck’s, though, so that was fine. Like another reviewer mentioned, that Starbuck’s does not accept gift cards or rewards cards for some reason.
Maybe it’s the new trend, but I really don’t care for the way the lobby front desk is set up with just two little counters. When we checked in (early – at 12:30, which was great) one woman was juggling people between both of them and also had to check out the Starbuck’s customers because their cash register was broken. I thought that was kind of strange and unprofessional, since this one young woman couldn’t really take the time to accommodate the people who were trying to check-in. We were just handed our keys and sent on our way.
I felt the front desk service left something to be desired. Eventually, a couple more people showed up to help out, but the atmosphere felt rushed and disorganized. However; I must say, the check-in was very quick and efficient. I just like the feeling of hotel personnel focusing on me as a guest for a few minutes when I get there.

One other thing: our room was at the back of the hotel, above the firepit. I always wear earplugs because I am sound-sensitive. I did not hear anything from the people outside by the fire. However; I was just dozing off when a huge tour bus pulled into the back area and the noise from the idling engine for 15 minutes was very annoying.

All in all, I would recommend staying here. It’s much cheaper than the downtown hotels and only 10-15 minutes away from the lakefront festivals.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SMac848
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Milwaukee Airport was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We do close the official Bistro in the morning so around 12:30 when the desk was shuffling the payments it was due to the cash register being closed but not broken.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have traveled around the world many times and this was one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The facilities are new and thus nice but the level of service and attention to guest needs is appalling. When we checked in the desk clerk was talking to some intoxicated I assume wedding quests and made the comment that she would rather be partying with them. That evening our room was on the back side of the hotel and a number of people were outside by the "fire pit" area drinking, making noise, and with inappropriate language. At 10 PM I called the desk and was told that they would take care of the noise. At 11 PM I called again and was told they were sorry. At mid-night the noise continued. I sent an email the next week to the manager of the hotel expressing my concerns and disappointment and never heard a word back. Unbelievable. We later contacted the hotel because my wife thought that she left her jacket in the closet and was told that the manager would get back to us. Once again never heard a word. If the manager of the facility does not take notice, why would one expect their employees to be guest focused.

Nice place, but poorly managed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom M
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights here. Very up to date, nice property. Rooms were nice, patio area with fire pit was nice. Pool is on the small side for the kids but it did the trick. Starbucks in the lobby for a wake up. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.Glad you like the Starbuscks coffee.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed one night at courtyard marriot in Milwaukee. We had a wonderful time. We were not expecting much at this airport location but had a wonderful stay from the moment we stepped into the lobby! Spacious 1 bed suite, delicious breakfast, nice pool! Worth a stay!

Stayed June 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Marriott very rarely disappoints and this visit was not exception. Rooms extremely clean and well maintained. Staff very friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the airport. The pool is a bit small, no swimming laps in this pool. There is no room service, but they have a café on the first floor. We got breakfast there and it was tasty. You are also able to take the food back to your room which is great if you are traveling for business and have work to do. My only minor whine is the size of the ironing board - thankfully it is not an awful table top ironing board, but it is noticeably smaller then a regulation size ironing board!!!

Green Features: They actually will not wash your towels if you leave them hanging up. Some hotels will wash them anyway. However, there was not a separate recycling bin for paper, etc. in the room (that would be nice).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

I will look into the iron board size. We might have had you in an accessible room. Hope to see you soon.
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Needed to stay by Milwaukee airport for and early flight, this hotel is 1 mile away but yet you don't get the airplane noise. The person who checked me in was friendly and helpful. I had to arrange dropping off my rental car and they quickly picked me up from the airport. Bed was comfortable, clean room. Typical Marriott amenities which works for me. Walking distance to a good restaurant called Beer Belly's (don't let the name fool you, it was pretty good). The next morning the airport shuttle was quick and easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for two weeks. Front desk staff was friendly along with the AM & PM bistro employees. Was greeted at the front desk by a man that smelled like a cat's litter box, made me want to stay away from the lobby. Near the end of my stay it seemed like there were little to no staff at the hotel, must be poor management in charge if they can't hire staff or fill in for missing workers. Not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Timmy B
Timothy R, Operations Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Mr. B,

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the loss of the PM staff members was not, ultimately, a loss for the property. Their departure was unexpected. I apologize that their departure coincided with your stay as it did inconvenience you. We are in the position of training new people whose guest service skills are second to none. We hope you have the opportunity and inclination to give us another try in the future.