Screaming Tuna
Reserve with OpenTable
Screaming Tuna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water Street
Transit: Just 4 blocks southeast of the Milwaukee's Amtrak & Greyhound station. Right off of Water Streets bus routes. Even access via boat, with a public slip out front.
Description: Sushi With A View. Screaming Tuna is a Sushi & Asian Bistro specializing in traditional dishes with a twist. From our Signature Roll to our Sushi Pizza, you'll find classic flavors and one of a kind inspired fusions. The full bar is complimented with a very extensive sake, wine & cocktail menu, and features one of the best skyline views found in Milwaukee. Seating 140 inside and 100 on a one of a kind patio, we offer reservations and 2 business/party friendly private "Dojo" dining rooms. Valet parking is available Friday and Saturday, or go nautical! Located directly on the river, you can park your boat on our docks and walk right up to our patio.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

All ten in our party were pleased with appetizers, entrees and desserts. The crab wontons, gyoza(pot stickers) and edamame with dipping sauces were very good. The seven who ordered sushi dishes weren't disappointed and felt the restaurant served some of the best in Milwaukee. I chose Blackened Tilapia which was seasoned just right with a side of steamed vegetables. The Salmon Teriyaki was another selection that pleased one diner.
We had a number of different desserts which were well-presented. Besides the green tea, strawberry and chocolate moshi, we ordered cheese cake (not made in-house) and the Vanilla Tempura and Banana Tempura. The tempura desserts were outstanding. I would return here with guests again. The place is a bit hidden and parking on the street is not always conveniently located but plan ahead and give yourself time to find the place and park, Nicely located on the river which we didn't get to take in because our reservation was at night.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend wanted to come here for his birthday. He had reserved one of the larger spaces for a group of up to 20. The room decor was not the best, unlike the rest of the restaurant but it was nice enough. The food was very good, however, not very many vegetarian options. For my friend's birthday, the waitress brought two fried banana plates so that there would be enough for the entire table to share which was much appreciated. Overall a good experience. The biggest negative is that the tuna and I imagine much of the other fish they have on the menu is not from sustainable sources. Yellow and blue fin tuna should not be served as the fish populations are near collapse.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I went to screaming tuna on a Saturday night before we went to the movies. I was expecting a more romantic place but it was not. The place was full and was very loud, almost like a bar loud, we got our table reserved and we had a table by the window which has a nice view of the river. The server came and asked if we knew what were we want to drink. He never suggested anything and was very plain and short, even at the end of dinner I was in the mood for dessert and he never offered that. Service was between OK and bad. Food was average, I had some rolls and my wife had a steak with rice meal which she liked it. For the price of the food, I could go to other places the serve similar food and the service is way better. I had good expectations of this restaurant but it did not meet that.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Had a craving for suhi so decided to try Screaming Tuna. Had read some reviews so decided to try 2 rolls I had read about and was glad I did as they were great: No Name roll and Garlic roll. Menu is extensive so finall decide on Volcano roll which has always been a favorite at other retaurants and glad I did as it had loads of spicy scallops on top!
Had a nice selection of wine and the charonnay I ordered was very good and perfectly chilled!
Inerior is pleasantly and tasefully deigned, view of river and Historic Third Ward is veru interesting ( and entertaing)!
Not cheap but worth every penney due to flavor and quality ( and nice quantity-- my husband and I could not have eten any more!)
Will definitely return to try other rolls and entrees!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

While a little difficult to get to and park by, the Screaming Tuna is worth the trek. We were treated by friends so price was not an issue (though it seemed reasonably priced and allowing double living social coupons helped bring down our friends' costs!) The food was great. We could have stopped with the appetizers. An unbelievable tuna pizza, crab chipotle wontons which (actually had more crab than cheese), a fabulous sake ceviche with rainbow rice crackers and a great sushi roll. By the time the entrees came, we were already quite full. Three of us ordered a fabulous Seafood Udon Noodle dish which brought back memories of a good fettuccini alfredo. Though if I went back, I would get the chef's choice sashimi platter which my other friend got since it had many of my favorites on it. The only miss for me was the Miso soup which seemed slight on favor and what it has was off a bit. We sat outside and enjoyed the lights coming up on downtown Milwaukee in the fun Third Ward atmosphere with the Harley's driving by. I'd can't wait to go back.