“Sushi, service, smiles”
Review of Screaming Tuna

Screaming Tuna
Reserve with OpenTable
Screaming Tuna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,551 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water Street
Transit: Just 4 blocks southeast of the Milwaukee's Amtrak & Greyhound station. Right off of Water Streets bus routes. Even access via boat, with a public slip out front.
Description: Sushi With A View. Screaming Tuna is a Sushi & Asian Bistro specializing in traditional dishes with a twist. From our Signature Roll to our Sushi Pizza, you'll find classic flavors and one of a kind inspired fusions. The full bar is complimented with a very extensive sake, wine & cocktail menu, and features one of the best skyline views found in Milwaukee. Seating 140 inside and 100 on a one of a kind patio, we offer reservations and 2 business/party friendly private "Dojo" dining rooms. Valet parking is available Friday and Saturday, or go nautical! Located directly on the river, you can park your boat on our docks and walk right up to our patio.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I hosted a birthday party here in their private room. Not only were they EXTREMELY accommodating with all of my random requests, but the food was GREAT! I had a room full of sushi novices, so we tried many non traditional rolls, which for someone like me that eats sushi all the time, was great, they were inventive and flavorful. The service was AWESOME! You have to go and ask to sit in Deanna's section - she'll take great care of you!

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a meal here after all the excitement from our wedding settled down. We had a bottle of Malbec wine, eel roll, and a couple other rolls as appetizers. Ahi tuna and stuffed halibut for dinner. Everything was amazing! The eel had the best flavor I've had to eat.
When the waitress found out we had just been married she came outside with two glasses of complimentary champagne with strawberry garnish. We sat outside on the patio over looking the river. Thanks Mother Nature for a great sunset. Everything here was great. The food, service, hosting staff, drink menu, and environment. We love screaming tuna! Check them out on twitter @screamingTuna for tons of photos of amazing sushi and sashimi rolls.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

All ten in our party were pleased with appetizers, entrees and desserts. The crab wontons, gyoza(pot stickers) and edamame with dipping sauces were very good. The seven who ordered sushi dishes weren't disappointed and felt the restaurant served some of the best in Milwaukee. I chose Blackened Tilapia which was seasoned just right with a side of steamed vegetables. The Salmon Teriyaki was another selection that pleased one diner.
We had a number of different desserts which were well-presented. Besides the green tea, strawberry and chocolate moshi, we ordered cheese cake (not made in-house) and the Vanilla Tempura and Banana Tempura. The tempura desserts were outstanding. I would return here with guests again. The place is a bit hidden and parking on the street is not always conveniently located but plan ahead and give yourself time to find the place and park, Nicely located on the river which we didn't get to take in because our reservation was at night.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend wanted to come here for his birthday. He had reserved one of the larger spaces for a group of up to 20. The room decor was not the best, unlike the rest of the restaurant but it was nice enough. The food was very good, however, not very many vegetarian options. For my friend's birthday, the waitress brought two fried banana plates so that there would be enough for the entire table to share which was much appreciated. Overall a good experience. The biggest negative is that the tuna and I imagine much of the other fish they have on the menu is not from sustainable sources. Yellow and blue fin tuna should not be served as the fish populations are near collapse.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I went to screaming tuna on a Saturday night before we went to the movies. I was expecting a more romantic place but it was not. The place was full and was very loud, almost like a bar loud, we got our table reserved and we had a table by the window which has a nice view of the river. The server came and asked if we knew what were we want to drink. He never suggested anything and was very plain and short, even at the end of dinner I was in the mood for dessert and he never offered that. Service was between OK and bad. Food was average, I had some rolls and my wife had a steak with rice meal which she liked it. For the price of the food, I could go to other places the serve similar food and the service is way better. I had good expectations of this restaurant but it did not meet that.