“Tips for an outdoor lunch”

Cafe Benelux & Market
Ranked #10 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Tips for an outdoor lunch”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stopped in for lunch on a sunny day, hoping to be seated either outdoors on the sidewalk patio in front of the restaurant or upstairs on their roof level. While there was space on the roof level, there were only a few table with umbrellas. While it wasn't stifling hot, it would have been uncomfortable by the time lunch was complete. So we chose to eat inside, which was fine but not as fun as being outside. The food was very good and we'd go back again, but probably would aim for an early or a late lunch to enjoy the outdoors.

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My family of four, kids 9 & 13, had dinner here Saturday night. We sat outside downstairs, because upstairs was full. We were outside so it didn't matter. We loved the huge beer menu and the interesting food options. The beers run the gamut of prices, with a flight of four draughts for 12$. Good way to taste different beers, which I did. We started off with homemade tater tots with bacon and blue cheese. These were pretty darn tasty. They had a very nice kids menu, and great presentation too. Thank you for that! I hate when it's just slapped on a plate like they don't count. Guess who's paying for hat meal-mom and dad! Greatly Appreciated! My son had a gluttonous grilled cheese which he loved. I ordered mussels and frites, and my husband had a fantastic bacon wrapped meatloaf. Then we ordered dessert. Spoiler alert! These are the hugest portions I have ever seen. Thank goodness we only ordered two. Brownie skillet was devoured by the kids and homemade carrot cake was slowly enjoyed by us. The service was very good, our waitress was beer knowledgeable and knew the menu. We had a great time and want to bring friends there soon! But it's a two hour drive! Might be worth it!

Franklin, Wisconsin
“Good beer, good food, great location!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were out in the Third Ward on a sunny Saturday, and decided on Cafe Benelux for brunch. We wanted to be on the roof and had about a 20 minute wait at the bar. It passed quickly and we got a choice table to our liking. The Menu was interesting, and I had the Ahi Tuna salad and my husband the Ham and Brie sandwich. They were both very good. The salad was fresh and had olives, crunchy green beans, egg , onions and a sliced little red potato. Very refreshing. I guess my husband enjoyed his, there wasn't much left on his plate. Reasonably priced and ideally located, made it a fun place to eat. We will return.

Visited August 2014
“Great Cafe”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a really great burger and salad, great quality, fresh and very nice employees, great atmosphere and outdoor dining

Naples, Florida
“Great Bloodys and food”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Love the view from the open deck. Bloody's are great and brunch and lunch options are interesting and delicious

Visited July 2014