“Awesome!”

Add it.
Quiote
Ranked #297 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Easily accessible from I-94.
Description: Easily accessible from I-94.
Iowa City, Iowa
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I am very particular when it comes to Mexican food and I rarely find a Mexican restaurant I like outside of New Mexico. However, I found one tonight in Quiote. I have never been a big fan of fish tacos but I decided to try one after reading the great review, and I am sure glad I did! This was truly one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. It had two tortillas, a soft corn one inside a flour one, and the combination of flavors was delicious. I also had a bean tostado which was out of this world. The shell alone was amazing. Then there were the black beans which were really favorable, lettuce, tomatoes, what was probably an entire half sliced avocado, and a little Mexican cheese. It was perfect. I was the only person in the restaurant (you people don't know what you are missing) and I received my meal in under ten minutes. I would highly recommend Quiote.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Great!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my new favorite Mexican restaurant. My husband and I were considering going to Bel Air Cantina last night, but the wait was over an hour, and then we remembered having driven past Quiote, so gave it go. It is tiny and adorable, with authentic Mexican food. I used to live in Mexico, and have been griping about the lack of good Mexican food that is made with quality ingredients around here - well, I finally found some - yay! The place is super small, which I adore, and you can literally see the chef cooking in the back, which is also fantastic. They also have Mexican Coca Cola, Fanta, Jarritos, etc ... and the flan is amazing. The only odd thing was the two very American girls waiting tables seemed sort of clueless about Mexican beverages at times and did not know what horchata was when a guy ordered it, which I thought was odd (it is on the menu). Other than that, it was a great find. It might not be for everyone, but I have to say that I am thrilled to have discovered it! We will be back.

• Visited June 2014
Eureka, California
“Higher end Mexican food!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We went here for my daughter-in-law's birthday dinner. Everything was excellent--and generous! I thought I was ordering light, but took half my dinner home--which is not a negative for me. There were six of us, which was a little crowded in a (very) small restaurant, but they made it work to accommodate us. Very good food, very nice surroundings, very nice people. What's not to love!

• Visited April 2014
Akron, Ohio
“Authentic Mexican in Tiny Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were looking for an early dinner on Saturday night and tried this place on a recommendation from my son's friend. The place is tiny. It has about 4 tables. It reminded me of eating in someone's house rather than a restaurant. There were a good variety of Mexican dishes to select from. I ordered the grilled fish tacos which were great. The sauce was very nice. My wife and son ordered the pork and beef dish with hot sauce. They liked theirs. My other son ordered the cheese enchilada and did not like it too much. He said the cheese inside was not melted. Each dish was served with rice and beans. Of course they also served chips and salsa before the meal. My son also tried the Mexican Pepsi which he really liked since it is a lot sweeter than the American version. To check out they swiped my card on her I=phone which was cool and the receipt went right to my email. I would recommend this place. Since it is small, consider carry out or reservations. Also, stay away from the cheese enchiladas.

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Looks Are Deceiving”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Don't let the store front stop you from coming in. We had our first meal here after talking about it for years. Our favorite Mexican place closed so my wife and I are on the hunt. It was a short hunting season. The server met us with a smile and was attentive throughout our visit.

We started off with chips and salsa (a minimal charge but well worth it). The chips were a heavy corn chip and the salsa was fresh. Not the heavy tomato puree style, rather a light seasoned tomato sauce with fresh cilantro and onion. Outstanding! The drink menu is limited but they have the basics! I had a tasty regular Margarita, my wife requested an on the rocks raspberry Margarita. Both were very good and unlike other places the tequila was not overpowering.

I ordered the Chile Relllenos. Done to perfection using poblano peppers and served with black beans, flavored rice and tortillas. Very good. My wife reported having the best quesadilla of her life. The tortilla was a hand made corn based beauty. The filling was cheese and chicken. Guacamole came on the side. It was the best Guacamole we've had in awhile! The shredded chicken had that just cooked flavor. We'll be back.

The place has 5 tables inside with seating for 15. Outside tables on the sidewalk weather permitting.

The hours are split, Monday to Friday - lunch 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Monday dinner 4:00 PM to 8 PM. Tuesday to Friday dinner 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday dinner 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Closed Sunday

• Visited August 2013

Been to Quiote? Share your experiences!