“Good food, good classes.”
Review of Braise

Braise
Ranked #82 of 1,508 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saukville, Wisconsin
“Good food, good classes.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went for the Pastry class, the moctail and nosh, they served before the class will bring me back. The pastry chef showed a deft hand in the class, and the ability to adjust on the fly, reason enough to try the dessert menu.

Visited January 2014

Naples, Florida
“Limited options however Delicious”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

At first glance of the menu I didn't think I was going to enjoy my experience. I was sooo wrong!!! We decided not to have an entree and instead ordered several of the small bites. They were all very delicious!! I loved getting to sample many different items. The desserts didn't fail either, we ordered 4 of them to share with our table of 4 and I thought that it would be too much but they're small & we all enjoyed a bite from each.
I would recommend wearing a long sleeve or bringing a sweater as the cold air of winter creeps thru the beautiful cream city brick. I was cold the entire time & kept my jacket around me.
I think it would be good for them to list more custom cocktails than just the 3 they list. I ordered a dirty martini and was surprised that a restaurant who prides themselves on select food choices would use cheap pimento olives. I requested blue cheese and they don't carry them.
Overall very good experience.

Visited February 2014
Greendale, Wisconsin
“Excellent....we will be going back again”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

From the first course to the last we loved every bite. This is not your ordinary restaurant. The staff was very knowledgable with the food and wine. We sat by the kitchen and we enjoyed talking to the staff and seeing how everything is prepared. The food was prepared to perfection with appropriate portions. The aroma and flavor of the dishes were sophisticated and well integrated. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee
“Nice dinner before the theatre”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We went here before a play at Next Act, relatively nearby. We made a reservation for 5:30, as that was the only reasonable choice, and we were glad we booked this for the earlier time. We were seated promptly and had a drink while we perused the menu. We like the approach that Dave Swanson takes with the food, sourcing everything locally even in the winter. Dave does a very nice job with the limited ingredients available this time of year. I had the curry squash soup and the beef strip and lamb sausage large plate, and my wife had the sunchoke salad, the steamed pork buns, and one of the tarts. Everything was really tasty, except the sauce on the pork buns. Something just didn't seem to work as well as it could have. There were interesting wines by the glass, many from Italy and France, and some that you don't often see by the glass. I had some Montepulciano and a Burgundy blend, and they went very nicely with the meat and sausage.
We splurged on the desserts, chocolate pot de creme and the chiffon. Both were delicious and were a good choice. We also had coffee to go with the decadent desserts.

There were only a few small glitches in the service. The pork buns took a long time to arrive. The diners at the next table were seated after us, but they got their order of pork buns before we did. We suspected that they got our order delivered to them by mistake. We also had to ask twice for a wine refill during the meal, but other than that, things went pretty smoothly.

I really want to go back to Braise during the summer, when the locally-harvested foods are at their peak. The Sunday night special dinner sounds intriguing also, so I hope to post some more reviews of Braise in the future.

The table seating is fairly open in the front of the restaurant, so I'm not sure how good it would be for a romantic outing or a special occasion. There was another dining room that may be better.

• Visited February 2014
Wisconsin
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

late dinner with family-
menu is restricted, but rich with flavors.
Braise bases that menu on what they can acquire locally, so while the menu is small, it does a great deal with 'what's in season'.

nice, relaxed atmosphere… pretty cool in a reviving area of Milwaukee, just north of the AB Clock Tower.
larger tables are 'almost' family style- long, wide, block tables, but spacing between groups.
2's and 4's are normal setups- bar area a bit small, but well laid out.

even the 'large' plates are relatively small, but quite delicious.
a bit pricey, but the meals are well worth it.

server was fine, not super friendly or helpful, but expedient and thorough.

a must visit at least once- try many different things!

• Visited December 2013