“Great tour”

Tour Milwaukee, LLC Day Tours
Ranked #23 of 40 Tours in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour Milwaukee, LLC is a walking tour company emphasizing food and information of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the Midwest. Along with providing a comprehensive overview of downtown Milwaukee, tour guests will eat and drink at six tasting locations. Sit down style dining is provided at each location. Menus include appetizers, entrees, desserts, wine and beer.
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband had to go to Milwaukee for a few days for work so I tagged along. We took the Yeah Der ~ Wine, Cheese and Beer tour and loved it. I had never been to Milwaukee before and Lori was an excellent tour guide and a great ambassador for the city. The food was excellent. We had some appetizers, an entree, beer, wine and dessert spread out over 6 different locations. We learned a lot about the city and had a good time. I would also like to commend Lori for being so dedicated. I'm not sure how far she had to drive to get into the city, but my husband and myself were the only ones scheduled for our tour, and instead of cancelling like some other places might have done, she showed up and gave us a great tour! The cost of the tour is very reasonable and I would highly recommend it! I have a much greater appreciation for Milwaukee now.

2  Thank Erin B

Reviewed 23 October 2012

What a fun experience. Being from California we had never been to Milwaukee so decided to take Lori's tour to see the city! So fun. we stopped at a wide variety of restaurants and tried yummy food at each one. At each place you sit down and are served the samples. Tried Fish fry, cheeses, custard, strudel, cannoli, brauts, beers and wine. All was delicious and tour between stops was enjoyable and informative. Had our 12 year old along and she even enjoyed it. Definitely recommend this tour!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I've lived in and around the Milwaukee area for 10 years. It was only when I took a recent tour of Milwaukee that I came to understand just how lucky Milwaukee-ans are to live there. Not only is the city large enough to feel "like a city" but it's small enough to feel like a community. Nestled along the expansive and gorgeous lakefront, Milwaukee has everything to offer from Basilicas to beer, Aztec dancing to Arias.

The history of Milwaukee is so expansive that it may require more than one tour. I learned the story of Joshua Glover and Cathedral square park. I learned that the rich Polish heritage still exists in the architecture of many Milwaukee homes. I also learned that there is so many places to view art in this city and if you seek it out, it's here.

Milwaukee is a thriving, dynamic, forward moving city with an appreciation for history and a constantly developing personality. Come to Milwaukee, and take a tour! You'll be impressed.

1  Thank mrsydrob
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Spent a weekend in Milwaukee from Chicago and thought what better way to learn about the city was through a food tour. We have done this in several other cities and loved everyone. Tour Milwaukee was exceptional. We were the only ones scheduled for our midday tour. The portions were substantial and included a soda, beer sample and glass of wine among all the food. IT was hot out and it’s about a three-mile walk. We thought we were just going to tour one area of the city buy actually included several. We learned so much and gave us a great dinner suggestion Indulge wine bar. Can't wait to our next trip to try out the suggestions, we were so stuffed at the end of the tour. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Erica R
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We did the Walk on Water tour this past July, and it was a great experience. We learned a lot about Milwaukee (most importantly that we want to come back some day), ate some fun food, and got some exercise. There's no substitute for being right there, in each of the places we visited, while hearing it described by a well informed guide. Lori is a local who knows her stuff, and loves to share it.

Be advised that the 2+ mile walk is not for everyone, but the pace is slow, there's plenty of breaks, and the streets and sidewalks are a pleasure in themselves.