“Excellent BBQ”

Ranked #77 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We're a cozy little joint with just 47 seats. This means we’re unable to accept reservations. Please feel free to walk in. Ooh, be sure to show up early – we sell out of much of our menu daily!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I went here as he really appreciates good BBQ. The place is small-only 47 seats and they don't take reservations. If you want to be sure to try all they have to offer, get here early as when they run out of a certain meat, they are done for the night. We were here on a Tuesday night and sat outside.

I had the pulled chicken sandwich with a sweet potato as a side. No need to order BBQ sauce, they have four sauces at your table to put on yourself so you can have a taste of each. The chicken was excellent and so tender. My husband had the three meat combo which came with 1 side but he ordered 2 additional sides: Cornbread, Coleslaw and Mac and Cheese. The cornbread and Mac and cheese was wonderful! The Coleslaw was eh to both of us-it was made from purple cabbage. It wasn't to our liking. He ordered Brisket, sausage and pulled pork...all of which were EXCELLENT. It can be hard to cook brisket but wow is all I can say. I had a glass of Pinot Noir and my husband ordered a bourbon sidecar which we both enjoyed.

Overall, we would go back. I gave it four stars due to the coleslaw and some poor service from a server who brought out our food-no smiles and didn't really make eye contact. Our waitress though was excellent and very attentive. The place is very small and almost hard to miss-we drove right past it looking for it. If you are looking for great BBQ-this is the place!

“Not so BBQ”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Unfortunately, I really did not enjoy the food. I had the sausage and brisket, with a side of bake beans. The sausage was just like regular sausage, nothing special. The brisket had an oily shine to it and was 80% percent fat. The bake beans, personally was no where near what baked beans suppose to taste like. I wend during lunch time, so I'm not sure if that had an effect on the outcome of the food. I've had much better bbq food, and the flavors were missing in everything I got.

1 Thank 5thelementium
Monticello Illinois USA
“Great BBQ!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had the sampler plater second time there, sloppy Joes the first, meat was very tender, sauces excellent. Cozy atmoshpere, and excellent service.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Steve R
Phillips, Nebraska
“Great BBQ, cool place too”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nice atmosphere. Kind of down home, yet just a tiny touch of contemporary maybe. But not "hipster" which is a good thing to me. The food was exceptional! Nice smokey flavor, tender, and the sauces were awesome! I especially liked the hot one. And the beans are unique and very delicious. I'd highly recommend them to anyone as a side.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jesse M
“Not so yummy ribs”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

To get the best ribs go to ghost town in grafton or old town in germantown . Went to smoke shack on a Sunday night ribs were dry almost like they were reheated