“A Blast!!!”

Splash Studio - A Painting Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering three-hour painting experiences with local artists. Drink, paint, and have a creative night out in Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward!
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Blast!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a confence, and a group of us did this on our free time. Great staff, very friendly and loads of fun!!!

Visited July 2013

Franklin, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great date idea for a couple or a group!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This was an awesome place! They explained everything clearly when we checked in and all staff were friendly and welcoming. The staff walked you through the painting that was up for the night but also allow you to freestyle if you wanted to. The environment was fun and welcoming to all levels of artists!! Make sure to make a reservation ahead of time to ensure a class canvas spot! It was worth it we will be visiting again :)

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A last minute find, totally fun!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

When I travel to a new place I usually do a ton of research and have every destination planned out beforehand. The Third Ward was on my list, but Splash Studio was not. My girlfriends and I were trying to figure out if we should go to dinner or just get a drink first. We wandered past Splash Studio and decided to check it out. The owners are super friendly and the painting is incredibly reasonably priced. Sitting at the bar with a glass of wine, a blank canvas, and my best girlfriends was a super fun way to spend our Saturday night. I can imagine this being a great first date place or for big groups like a bachelorette party. They also have painting instruction that is hosted by local Milwaukee artists. Cool!

1 Thank SarahsAdventures
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great group activity or fun date night idea!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Had a blast! Came here as a day activity for a Bachelorette Party and everyone had a great time! Doesn't matter if you've painted for years or never picked up a paint brush, everyone will have fun! Our artist Natalie was amazing and super friendly. Definitely recommend this place for a fun group activity or even a date night.

Since no one with the Bachelorette Party was from Milwaukee, Natalie wrote out a detailed list of places to go and things to do in the city. We took her recommendations and really enjoyed the weekend in Milwaukee because of her suggestions!

1 Thank AllyC5
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun and unique place!”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I went to Splash while visiting friends in Milwaukee, and I have to say I was impressed! We have something similar in Atlanta, but I preferred Splash because of the music, bar, and the great employees. It's more of a relaxed atmosphere - yes, you can focus on painting if you want, but you can also just relax and hang out while making your painting. I did one of the $10 mini-paintings, so I could do my own thing instead of following an instructor. Drinking a Lakefront IPA while doing it was the icing on the cake. Makes for a surprisingly affordable night out.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in Milwaukee!

3 Thank Paul S