“Never disappointed”

Odd Duck
Ranked #17 of 1,572 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Odd Duck serves an ever changing eclectic small plate menu with a focus on local ingredients and international inspiration!
Reviewed 26 November 2013

When my husband first took me here I wasn't sure I would like the menu, but each dish we ordered was better than the next. Their food is delicious and unique and the service has always been great. It is a small restaurant though, so make reservations or hope to sit at the bar.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Went to Odd Duck with great anticipation as this is a hard reservation to get. Small plates, and a few large plates. Shared 4 small plates amungst 3 of us and we were pleasantly full. I enjoyed the meal, but after a similar experience at a tappas restaurant near by, this was a slight dissapointment.
As my sister said, there were no OHHHHH, uhmmmmmmmmmsss after tasting the food.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

There isn't anything on the ever-changing menu that's not absolute perfection. Small plates to share, a solid wine list and great bartending set in what feels affectionately like a friend's home. Always crowded - make a rez plenty in advance if you hope to get a table any night of the week. The servers are as excited about the menu selections as the diners so you know everything they recommend is going to thrill your tastebuds.

The food is amazing, but it' the way they space out the plates that makes the whole experience so lovely. Rather than try and dislodge you from your coveted seat, the pacing is languid between dishes affording the diner the opportunity to really relish each bite and then discuss.

My only complaint is that you are not given fresh silverware with fresh plates. I hate placing my silverware on the table and then re-using it. Yuck. Refreshing the plates once they've been used for two or more dishes would also be appreciated.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great experience! Loved the cocktails (seasonal and great!) and wide array of small plates. 2 or 3 a person work well!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had dinner with my husband and niece from out-of-town. We chose Odd Duck because they are open on Monday night and could cater to our niece's vegan lifestyle. They also appeared to be able to cater to my gluten-free lifestyle.

My husband thought the Seared Duck Breast Large Plate was one of the best dinners he has ever had. That is saying a lot! Our vegan niece had the Louisiana Mushroom Gumbo which she finished with gusto.

I ended up with the Beef Shortrib Bourguignon Small Plate which was very good. Unfortunately they had run out of the second dish I ordered, the Cherry, Thyme and Goat Cheese Terrine w/ Petite Greens and it was only 7:15. I didn't substitute anything else since I had had enough greens earlier in the day. This was a bit disappointing. Way too many restaurants think they are doing a good job serving the gluten free by showing them all the salads they can eat.

Otherwise, the venue is nice, a restored old storefront with brick walls, nice looking bar, open kitchen concept and excellent & attentive table service. For those without food sensitivity issues I think this is an interesting place to dine.